- Released: March 19, 2013
- Label: New West Records
Record Collector (magazine) - p.964 stars out of 5
-- "[H]e runs through a selection of his best-known numbers and some Bob Wills tunes, picking up a fiddle himself for the latter."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Okie From Muskogee's Comin' Home
- 3.Thank You For Keeping My House
- 4.What Am I Gonna Do (With The Rest Of My Life)
- 5.Mama Tried
- 7.Take Me Back To Tulsa
- 8.I Knew The Moment I Lost You
- 9.Silver Wings
- 10.Misery And Gin
- 11.Ida Red
- 12.Place To Fall Apart
- 13.I Wish Things Were Simple Again
- 14.Amber Waves Of Grain
- 15.I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.Silver Wings [DVD]
- 3.Ramblin' Fever [DVD]
- 4.Lonesome Fugitive [DVD]
- 5.Sing Me Back Home [DVD]
- 6.Orange Blossom Special [DVD]
- 7.Old-Fashioned Love [DVD]
- 8.Long Black Limousine [DVD]
- 9.Cherokee Maiden [DVD]
- 10.San Antonio Rose [DVD]
- 11.Misery [DVD]
- 12.Farmer's Daughter [DVD]
- 13.Brain Cloudy Blues [DVD]
- 14.Workin' Man Blues [DVD]
Personnel: Merle Haggard (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Donna Faye (vocals); Norman Hamlet (guitar, dobro); Roy Nichols, Clint Strong (guitar); James Belken (fiddle); Don Markham (saxophone, trumpet); Gary Church (cornet, trombone); Mark Yeary (piano); Biff Adam (drums).
Audio Mixers: Chet Himes; Gary Briggs .
Liner Note Author: Terry Lickona.
Recording information: Austin, TX (10/30/1985).
Director: Gary Menotti.
Editor: Gary Laird.
Photographer: Scott Newton.
While the New West label had previously released an excellent live-at-Austin City Limits Merle Haggard album from the 1980s, this '78 date finds Hag appearing on that legendary program at an even more interesting time in his career. Haggard was perhaps at his jazziest in the '70s, and while there are plenty of pure honky-tonk classics here, the Western swing flavor represented by tunes like "San Antonio Rose" and "Cherokee Maiden" adds another level to the enjoyment of this country hero's work.