- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: January 26, 1999
- Label: Telarc
- 1.Sazanami - Jim Hall
- 2.Lullaby - Dave Brubeck
- 3.Lovely Way to Spend an Evening, A - Mel Torm?
- 4.My Funny Valentine - Gerry Mulligan Quartet
- 5.Some Cats Know - Jeanie Bryson
- 6.Gymnopedie No. 1, Variation 1 - Jacques Loussier Trio
- 7.Love Ballade - Oscar Peterson
- 8.I Thought About You - Jeremy Davenport
- 9.Laura - Andr? Previn
- 10.God Bless the Child - Lionel Hampton
- 11.But Beautiful - Nancy King / Ray Brown Trio / Antonio Hart
- 12.How Beautiful Is Night - George Shearing
- 13.Here's to Life - George Shearing / Joe Williams
Personnel: Joe Williams , Nancy King (vocals); Joe Pass (guitar); Antonio Hart (alto saxophone); James Moody , Buddy Tate (tenor saxophone); Clark Terry (trumpet, flugelhorn); Harry "Sweets" Edison (trumpet); Al Grey (trombone); Geoff Keezer, George Shearing, Hank Jones , Andr? Previn (piano); Dean Johnson , Benoit Dunoyer de Segonzac, Jim Hughart, Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen, Scott Colley, Peter Washington (bass instrument); Terry Clarke (drums, shaker); Grady Tate (drums); Derek DiCenzo (steel drum); Mayra Casales (percussion); Jeremy Davenport (vocals, trumpet); Jeanie Bryson, Mel Torm? (vocals); Lorne Lofsky (guitar); John Chiodini (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Jim Hall (acoustic guitar); Paquito d'Rivera (clarinet); Red Holloway (tenor saxophone); Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone); Ronnie Buttacavoli (trumpet, flugelhorn); Dave Brubeck, Glenn Patscha, Jacques Loussier, Oscar Peterson, Ted Rosenthal, Terry Trotter, Bill Mays (piano); Gregory Hutchinson, Martin Drew, Ron Vincent, Harold Jones , Andr? Arpino (drums).
Audio Mixer: Michael Bishop .
Recording information: Carriage House Studio, Stamford, CT (03/29/1989-04/29/1998); Clinton Recording Studio, Studio A, New York, NY (03/29/1989-04/29/1998); Conway Stud (03/29/1989-04/29/1998); Michael's Pub, New York, NY (03/29/1989-04/29/1998).
Arrangers: Mel Torm?; Jacques Loussier; Ray Brown .
Love Ballads: Late Night Jazz collects warm, romantic ballad material from a pretty strong array of artists, including Dave Brubeck, Oscar Peterson, George Shearing, Mel Torm?, Lionel Hampton, Joe Williams, Gerry Mulligan, and more. Although it's better to hear most of these artists' work in its original context, this sampler does an excellent job of creating its intended mood, and it's a pretty strong listen as well. ~ Steve Huey