- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 4 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 24, 2009
- Originally Released: 1939
- Label: VCI Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Photo gallery
- Liner notes by author Hank Davis
- "The history of Buck Rogers" by Clifford Weimer
- Rare 1933 buck bogers short-"Buck Rogers and the Tiger Men From Mars"
- Buster Crabbe the all-american hero (movie cups and highlights from buster's hollywood career-the only actor who played Tarzan, Flash Gordon, and Buck Rogers-the top three comic strip heroes of the 1930s)
- Episodes 1 & 2 of the Buck Rogers radio show
- Buck Rogers-80th anniversary panel discussion from the 2009 San Diego comic con
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- PCM Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
A pilot and his young passenger crash-land on a mountaintop and are put into suspended animation by a strange gas. They awake 500 years later to discover that the Earth is now ruled by a tyrannical despot called Killer Kane, and they lead a fight to overthrow him.
Join Buck Rogers (Buster Crabbe) and his faithful sidekick Buddy (Jackie Moran) as they fight to save Earth from diabolical despot Killer Kane (Anthony Warde) and his powerful army of futuristic gangsters. In addition to featuring all 12 chapters of this thrilling sci-fi serial, this 70th Anniversary edition also offers "The History of Buck Rogers" by Clifford Weimer, the seldom seen 1933 Buck Rogers short BUCK ROGERS AND THE TIGER MEN FROM MARS, "Buster Crabbe the All American Hero" featurette, the first two episodes of the Buck Rogers radio show, and the 70th Anniversary panel discussion from the 2009 San Diego Comic Con.
Preserved in a state of suspended animation for 500 years by the Nirvano gas in the gondola of their dirigible wrecked in the arctic ice wastes, Buck Rogers (Buster Crabbe) and Buddy (Jackie Moran) are rescued by scientists in the year 2500 to find the world under the despotic rule of Killer Kane (Anthony Warde) and his super gangsters. Using an arsenal of fantastic weapons created in Dr. Huer's (C. Montague Shaw) clandestine laboratory, the group attempts to seek aid from the planet Saturn to oust the tyrannical ruler only to find that his henchmen have already taken over control of the Prince of Saturn. After several harrowing adventures with the Zugg men, Buck and Buddy return to Earth only to be shot down, imprisoned and finally rescued to participate in a spectacular air battle to wrest control of the Universe from the sinister intergalactic despot.