Vanessa Rubin Girl Talk
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 28, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Telarc
Down Beat - 3/02, p.653.5 stars out of 5 - "...Rubin imbues GIRL TALK with unsinkable 'You go, girl!' flair, a soulful, richly textured voice and the nuanced passion of a method actor..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Comes Love
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Matchmaker, Matchmaker
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Whatever Happens
- $0.99 on iTunes4.But Not For Me
- $0.99 on iTunes5.One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)
- $0.99 on iTunes6.You'll Never Know ('Til You Let Go)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Loving You
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Girl Talk
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Sex Is A Misdemeanor (The More You Miss De Meaner You Get)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Won't Have To Say Goodbye
- $0.99 on iTunes12.If You Ever Go Away
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Vanessa Rubin, Etta Jones (vocals); Eric Alexander, Javon Jackson (tenor saxophone); Steve Davis (trombone); Cedar Walton, Larry Willis (piano); David Williams (bass); Lewis Nash (drums).
Recorded at Sear Sound-Studio C, New York, New York on December 11-13, 2000.
Includes liner notes by Devra Hall.
Jazz vocalist Vanessa Rubin is joined by a stellar cast on her second Telarc release. Bassist David Williams and drummer Lewis Nash hold down the rhythm, joined alternately by pianist/arrangers Larry Willis and Cedar Walton, tenor saxophonists Eric Alexander and Javon Jackson, and trombonist Steve Davis. Rubin's flexible voice covers a wide-ranging repertoire, from standards to Sondheim ("Loving You") to adult contemporary (Bill Withers and Larry Carlton's "Whatever Happens"). She also contributes a yearning original ballad, the closing "If You Ever Go Away." The album is memorable mostly for its offbeat tracks, however: a jazz-waltz take on "Matchmaker, Matchmaker" (with the bridge in a snappy four); Walter Bishop's novelty number, "Sex Is a Misdemeanor (The More You Miss, de Meaner You Get)," a perky calypso featuring Rubin's double-tracked vocal with only bass and drums; and the penultimate track, David Williams' endearing "Won't Have to Say Goodbye," which begins and ends with an implied reggae feel but swings in the middle. Rubin also delivers a splendid "One for My Baby" and invites the great Etta Jones for a tˆte-…-tˆte on "But Not for Me" and "Gee, Baby, Ain't I Good to You." ~ David R. Adler
Darn That Dream, Volume 89 (CD + Play-A-Long Book Set)
$15.39 Super Savings
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
At Home With The Barry Sisters / Side By Side (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE