Dateline Europe (aka Foreign Intrigue) - Volume 2
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 28, 2005
- Originally Released: 1951
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||James Daly & Jerome Thor|
|Directed by||Sheldon Reynolds|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Filmed at beautiful locations with an all European supporting cast by producer Sheldon Reynolds (creator of TV's "Sherlock Holmes" with Ronald Howard), "Dateline Europe" was syndicated from 1951-1953. This smart mix of adventure and suspense is reminiscent of the Cold War film noir The Third Man and the radio program "The Lives of Harry Lime."
Science Conference: An important physicist seeking asylum promises to identify a notorious prison torturer from behind the Iron Curtain.
At The Front: After Cannon identifies the body of a murdered fellow reporter, he takes it upon himself to investigate the killing, risking his own life.
Radio Message: Cannon confronts a band of devious spies who attempt to hold the population of an entire country for ransom.
The Code Room: Cannon is the chief suspect when a vital code book is stolen from the government.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
. . . that is, the source material used for this second volume. While far from perfect, the episodes on Volume 2 of "Dateline Europe" are much better looking than the three Jerome Thor/Sydna Scott episodes found on Volume 1. The four episodes found on this volume are either from the first or second season and feature Jerome Thor as Robert Cannon (in three episodes) or Sydna Scott as Helen Davis (in one episode).
If you are "on the fence" about this series, I'd recommend that you pick up this volume before purchasing Volume 1. All of the stories are interesting and the visual presentation is acceptable for a television series produced more than 50 years ago. But Alpha Video made a little mistake on the front cover of this DVD. The cover shows actor Gerald Mohr rather than Jerome Thor. Mohr was in the series' final season (1954-55), but he does not appear in any of the episodes released in either Volume 1 or 2. "Dateline Europe" remains a tough find on home video so, once again, kudos to Alpha for making this TV rarity easily available at an affordable price.
- Sales Rank: 8,082
- UPC: 089218483492
- Shipping Weight: 0.28/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Television Movie Categories:
- Albert Collins Live From Austin TX (DVD) ~ $15.28
- Dane Cook Tourgasm (3-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
Jackson 5 Jacksons: An American Dream (2-DVD) ~
$26.22 Super Savings
- Spike Jones The Legend (3-Disc + CD) (DVD-R) ~ $33.26 on SALE
The Osmonds Live in Las Vegas: 50th Anniversary Reunion Concert (DVD) ~
$15.96 Super Savings
Movies & TV with some of the same main people:
- Dateline Europe (aka Foreign Intrigue) - Volume 2 (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Dateline Europe (aka Foreign Intrigue) - Volume 3 (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Dateline Europe (aka Foreign Intrigue) - Espionage Collection (Volumes 1-3) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Dateline Europe (aka Foreign Intrigue) - Volume 1 (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE