Lights Out - Volume 1
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 23, 2005
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) - English
- Lights Out!
- "The Passage Beyond"
- "The Man With The Watch"
- The Veil
- "Jack The Ripper"
- "The Return Of Madame Vernoy"
- "The Doll In Brambles"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Arch Oboler|
|Hosted by||Boris Karloff|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- The Passage Beyond: Rodd & Milly Turner and their houseguest return from a party to their creepy gothic home... a house haunted by the ghost of family ancestor Lady Ann.
- The Man With The Watch: A series of unexplained disappearances perplex Mike Wilson, a police detective under fierce pressure to solve the mystery.
"THE VEIL" (1958): These tales of the macabre, hosted by Boris Karloff, were featured in the ill-fated TV series, "The Veil" (1958).
- Jack the Ripper: Walter must come to terms with his clairvoyance to stop London's most feared killer, Jack the Ripper.
- The Return of Madame Vernoy: Young Santha would be pleased to marry her suitor, Rama, except that she is still married - to her husband from a previous life.
"WITCHCRAFT" (1961): Little is know about this early supernatural thriller. Based on true stories by William B. Seabrook and hosted by Franchot Tone, the show never made it past the pilot episode. Skillfully written and produced, "Witchcraft" was as under-appreciated as it was ahead of its time.
- The Doll in Brambles: Witches and hexes are laughable to most - except Louis, who is kept from marrying young Marie after a curse is placed on him by the dreaded witch, Madame Tirelou.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 38 ratings.
I LIKE THE WHY THE STORIES OUR TOLD
Man, I hope Alpha can dig up some more episodes of Lights Out. I used to watch it late at night on The Sci-Fi Channel, so I know there are other, even creepier episodes out there. It's kind of a clumsy (yet charming) show, shot live on an ancient form of videotape. The two preserved here aren't bad, involving some hystrionics in a haunted house, and a sci-fi-ish tale about a guy with a magic watch. (If you pay attention you can watch the (pretty bad) actors flubbing lines). What these stories may lack in scares they make up for in historical interest. The opening narration is about as weird as anything ever shown on TV. "Hell-oooo..."
The episode of Witchcraft is good, and it's too bad it's the only one they ever made. And The Veil is always a great lost show; you can't go wrong with anything that has Boris Karloff in it.
Here's hoping for more volumes...
- Sales Rank: 3,510
- UPC: 089218483294
- Shipping Weight: 0.29/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
!!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~
$6 Super Savings
The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~
$12.98 Super Savings
"A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~
$7.49 Super Savings
"America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~
79¢ Super Savings
"Nature Wonders" Series Nature Wonders 2 (3-CD) ~
$3.98 Super Savings
50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~
$2.98 Super Savings
50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~
$4.98 Super Savings
50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~
$4.98 Super Savings
The 5th Dimension 5th Dimension - Travelling Sunshine Show (DVD) ~
$14.11 Super Savings
Paula Abdul Straight Up (VHS) ~
$1.50 Super Savings