Mogwai Kicking a Dead Pig: Mogwai Songs Remixed + Fear Satan Remixes (2-CD)
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 18, 2008
- Label: Chemikal Underground
Rolling Stone - 8/6/98, p.723 Stars (out of 5) - "...a double CD of Mogwai remixes, presents an unusual problem:...most Mogwai tunes already sound like remixes....Most of the remixers...are as good at toying with Mogwai as Mogwai are at toying with everyone else."
Entertainment Weekly - 7/10/98, p.76"...Mogwai's two-CD set pits understated guitar figures against peals of noise, u-ziq and Alec Empire get beat-crazy, but the idea is rock mutation, not murder..." - Rating: A-
NME (Magazine) - 10/6/01, p.427 out of 10 - "...Dispersed and diluted by a series of 1998 remix stars...suggesting different ways in which they could skin their already distinctive sound..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Like Herod - (Hood Remix)
- 2.Helicon 2 - (Max Tundra Remix)
- 3.Summer - (Klute's Weird Winter Remix)
- 4.Gwai on 45 - (Arab Strap Remix)
- 5.A Cherry Wave from Stranded Youngsters - (Third Eye Foundation Tet Offensei Remix)
- 6.Like Herod - (Alec Empire's Face the Future Remix)
- 7.Mogwai Fear Satan - (Surgeon Remix)
- 8.R U Still in to It? - (Kid Loco's Playing with the Young Team Remix)
- 9.Tracey - (Kid Loco's Playing with the Young Team Remix)
- 10.Mogwai Fear Satan - (Mogwai Remix)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Mogwai Fear Satan - (U Ziq Remix)
- 2.Mogwai Fear Satan - (My Bloody Valentine Remix)
Coming from a band as prone to out-there weirdness as Mogwai, it should come as no surprise that many of the remixes on KICKING A DEAD PIG bare little resemblance to their LP companions (mostly from YOUNG TEAM). Though this collection of alternate versions introduces Mogwai to the sometimes shady world of remixes, rest assured that you are not likely to hear these tracks coming out of the speakers at your local mall clothier. Paired in the U.S. with a second disc, MOGWAI FEAR SATAN REMIXES, this is 100-plus minutes of tweaked and twisted sonic experiments.
Highlights are Hood's ultra-low slung, ambient groove version of "Like Herod," DJ Q's take on "R U Still In To It?" which turns the funk up to 11 for an unsettling recasting of Mogwai as Scotland's answer to Daft Punk, and Max Tundra's "Helicon 2" mix, which almost completely inverts the track's soft/loud structure and adds some seriously damaged distortion effects. The highlight of disc two is the 16-minute "My Bloody Valentine Remix," which at times ranges so far from the original as to suggest not only a different song, but that it was created by an entirely different order of creature than human.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE