Some Cats Know: Jeanie Bryson Sings Songs of Peggy Lee
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$6 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 15, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Telarc
JazzTimes - 9/96, p.104"...Bryson's fine phrasing shows an obvious influence of vocal biggies, many more than the lady she salutes on this issue."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jeanie Bryson (vocals); Red Holloway (tenor saxophone); Ronnie Buttacavoli (flugelhorn, trumpet); Paquito D'Rivera (clarinet); Terry Trotter (piano); John Chiodini (electric & acoustic guitars); Jim Hughart (bass); Harold Jones (drums); Mayra Casales (percussion).
Recorded at Conway Studios, Los Angeles, California on October 11-12, 1995 and Soundtrack, New York City, New York on November 1-4, 1995. Includes liner notes by Will Friedwald and Jeanie Bryson.
This is a very logical tribute. Jeanie Bryson has a small but coolly sensual voice, just as Peggy Lee did during her prime. Bryson performs three songs on which Lee wrote the lyrics (including "I Don't Know Enough About You" and "I'm Gonna Go Fishin'"), ten other songs that have been associated with Lee (such as "Some Cats Know," "Why Don't You Do Right" and the inevitable "Fever"), and a number ("Where in the World Are You") penned by Jeanie's mother Connie Bryson. The singer is supported by an intriguing group that includes a four-piece rhythm section with guitarist John Chiodini and pianist Terry Trotter, tenor saxophonist Red Holloway, Paquito D'Rivera (sticking to clarinet), and trumpeter Ronnie Buttacavoli. This is one of Jeanie Bryson's best efforts and should please both her fans and those of Peggy Lee. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 62,571
- UPC: 089408339127
- Shipping Weight: 0.23/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Pop Vocal: Tribute Albums Music Categories:
- Bob Gaudio Audio With a G: Sounds of a Jersey Boy (2-CD) ~ $17.98
- Dee Dee Bridgewater Dear Ella (CD) ~ $10.78
- Dee Dee Bridgewater Love and Peace: A Tribute to Horace Silver (CD) ~ $10.33 LABOR DAY
- Ann Hampton Callaway From Sassy To Divine: The Sarah Vaughan Project (Live) (CD) ~ $17.08
- Philip Chaffin Somethin' Real Special: The Songs of Dorothy Fields (CD) ~ $12.46 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Vocals genre:
- Bobby Vinton Mr. Lonely / Country Boy (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Paul Anka 21 Golden Hits (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Perry Como Greatest Hits 1943-1953 (City Hall) (2-CD) ~ $7.79 LABOR DAY
- Joni James The Very Best of Joni James 1951-62 (2-CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
- Nat "King" Cole The Complete U.S. & U.K. Hits 1942-1962 (5-CD) ~ $21.75 LABOR DAY