Monty Alexander Live at the Iridium
Only 5 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$10.78 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Telarc
JazzTimes - p.101"Alexander displays the varied influences that have shaped his musical evolution: bop, reggae, calypso, R&B and old-fashioned blues."
- 1.The Work Song
- 3.My Mother's Eyes
- 4.Happylypso / Funji Mama
- 5.The River
- 6.Runnin' Away
- 7.Little Darlin'
- 8.Mount Zanda
- 9.That's the Way It Is
Personnel: Monty Alexander (piano); Hassan Shakur (bass instrument); Robert Thomas, Jr. (drums, percussion); Mark Taylor (drums).
One of the most brilliant of the modern mainstream jazz pianists to emerge since the mid-'60s, Monty Alexander is in top form throughout this 2005 live set. Other than hints of reggae on "Runnin' Away," this is very much a straight-ahead set. While Oscar Peterson is clearly an inspiration, Alexander has long had his own approach, whether digging into "The Work Song," expressing honest emotion on "My Mother's Eyes," or romping on "Happylypso/Funji Mama." With fine support from his rhythm section, Alexander creates a memorable program of music that does not contain a single slow or meandering moment. Recommended. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK