Monty Alexander Live at the Iridium
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Telarc
JazzTimes - p.101"Alexander displays the varied influences that have shaped his musical evolution: bop, reggae, calypso, R&B and old-fashioned blues."
- 1.The Work Song
- 3.My Mother's Eyes
- 4.Happylypso / Funji Mama
- 5.The River
- 6.Runnin' Away
- 7.Little Darlin'
- 8.Mount Zanda
- 9.That's the Way It Is
Personnel: Monty Alexander (piano); Hassan Shakur (bass instrument); Robert Thomas, Jr. (drums, percussion); Mark Taylor (drums).
One of the most brilliant of the modern mainstream jazz pianists to emerge since the mid-'60s, Monty Alexander is in top form throughout this 2005 live set. Other than hints of reggae on "Runnin' Away," this is very much a straight-ahead set. While Oscar Peterson is clearly an inspiration, Alexander has long had his own approach, whether digging into "The Work Song," expressing honest emotion on "My Mother's Eyes," or romping on "Happylypso/Funji Mama." With fine support from his rhythm section, Alexander creates a memorable program of music that does not contain a single slow or meandering moment. Recommended. ~ Scott Yanow
Milt JacksonCenterpiece: At the Kosei Nenkin, Volume 2 (Live) (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE