- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Dej (Ingram)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/09/1993
"...Sometimes funny, but far more often sad and appalling....Not a pretty sight, but a significant one..."
Premiere - 03/01/1995
"...Fascinating and sobering..." - Recommended
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/25/1994
"...[A] ridiculous, darkly comic story..."
British documentary filmmaker Nick Broomfield (KURT & COURTNEY) travels to Florida to survey the media craze surrounding America's first female serial killer, Aileen Wuornos. In his search for facts, Broomfield uncovers a never-ending trail of opportunists looking to cash in on her story, alleged police corruption, and some disturbing discoveries about the American judicial system.
Filmmaker Nick Broomfield's documentary on the female serial killer, Aileen Wuornos, and the sensational way her trial was handled, with accusations of alleged police corruption.
- Interviewed in the film are Aileen Wuornos, her adoptive mother, Arlene Pralle, lawyer Steven Glazer, and lover Tyria Moore.
- Produced by Lafayette Films in association with Channel Four.
- Copyright 1992 Lafayette Films for Channel Four.