- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 8 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 25, 2012
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Jerry Seinfeld: submarine captain - you know him as "master of his domain"; now in a behind-the-scenes documentary, dive beneath the surface to see how Jerry Seinfeld juggled his act as a star and show runner following Larry David's departure
- Inside looks - behind-the-scenes stories from cast and creators
- Not that there's anything wrong with that - never-before-seen outtakes and bloopers
- In the vault - season eight never-before-seen deleted scenes...saved from the cutting room floor
- Yada, yada, yada - cast and crew audio commentaries
- Sein-imation - see classic Seinfeld scenes reimagined in Sein-imation
- Notes about nothing - behind-the-scenes trivia and production notes
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Julia Louis-Dreyfus &
Raquel Welch &
Barney Martin &
Entertainment Weekly - 06/08/2007
"Without co-creator Larry David, Jerry Season indulged a more waggish sense of humor." -- Grade: A-
Total Film - 07/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "[C]ompactly plotted, character-rich and consistently, thigh-whackingly funny."
Uncut - 08/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "[The show] had grown so much confidence that nothing was out of bounds for them."
Ultimate DVD - 08/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "Season Eight was an Emmy winner, with 22 joyous episodes of silliness..."
SEINFELD may be partly to blame for America's negative view of New Yorkers. Though it wasn't the first show to assert the rudeness of Gotham's citizens, its characters are selfish to a fault--not that there's anything wrong with that. Self-obsessed comedian Jerry Seinfeld is joined in the cast by his neurotic ex-girlfriend, Elaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus); his chronically lazy pal, George (Jason Alexander); and Cosmo Kramer (Michael Richards), who takes the sitcom cliché of the weird neighbor to impressive new heights. Despite their faults (or perhaps because of them), they're some of the most hilariously watchable characters in television history. The eighth season finds Kramer at war with Kenny Rogers Roasters and its incessant bright light. After his quick recovery from fiancée Susan's death, George moves on to a relationship with a prison inmate. Meanwhile, Elaine capitalizes on a widespread love for muffin tops (the baked kind) with a business venture. Jerry's near-obsessive compulsiveness reaches new heights when his beautiful girlfriend (Kristin Davis) unknowingly uses a toilet-tainted toothbrush. Season eight was also memorable for introducing the phrase "yada yada" into the modern lexicon.
New York City |
Television / TV Series |
Television Programs |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 93 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 47,264
- UPC: 043396410015
- Shipping Weight: 0.34/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 4 items