- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 7 hours, 17 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 25, 2012
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: How it began - an hour-long look at how Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David first came up with the idea for the show, how it almost didn't get made and how they emergd with the show that changed the face of television forever
- Notes about nothing - behind-the-scenes trivia and production notes
- Inside looks - the cast and creators talk about what was happening behind the scenes of certain episodes
- In the vault - saved from the cutting room floor...seasons 1 & 2 deleted scenes never seen before!
- Includes two versions of the pilot episode
- Not that there's anything wrong wth that - never-before-seen outtakes and bloopers
- Yada, yada, yada - creator and cast audio commentaries
- Master of his domain - see Jerry Seinfeld in exclusive, never-before-seen stand-up comedy footage
- Sponsored by Vanderlay Industries - original NBC promotional ads and trailers
- Featuring the original (1-2 mnutes longer) NBC network versions, not seen since their original broadcast runs
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 11/01/2004
"Ethical questions both trivial and profound are addressed in these early, tentatively ground-breaking episodes."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/26/2004
"[T]he most innovative and influential sitcom of the past 15 years..."
USA Today - 11/26/2004
"There are new cast interviews, bloopers and bountiful production background."
Sight and Sound - 02/01/2005
"[N]arrative situations so complex and revelatory of human imperfection..."
Co-written by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld, and taking inspiration from the events and people in the writers' real lives, SEINFELD is one of the most loved TV comedies ever, a show "about nothing" that nonetheless managed to rack up a number of Emmies and a Peabody Award. Weaving together intricate plot lines and winks at the audience through various in-jokes, and with a cast of characters who are quirky, eccentric, and extremely likeable despite their tendency toward ironic detachment, most of the episodes--taking place primarily in Jerry's New York apartment--are centered on harebrained schemes and the characters' relationship problems. Jerry and his friends--Elaine, his outspoken ex-girlfriend, and George, a bald semi-loser who obsesses about virtually everything--discuss the intricacies of their relationships and analyze the most mundane realities of everyday life. They are frequently joined by Jerry's lanky, wacky next door neighbor, Kramer. This collection of the first two seasons includes the show's pilot ("Good News, Bad News"), and a great deal of hilarious early material and classic episodes such as "The Stock Tip," where Jerry and George's inside information leads to a series of hilarious asides, and "The Ex-Girlfriend," where Jerry's relationship is threatened when his girlfriend sees his standup act and decides it's just not her kind of humor.
Comedians / Comediennes |
Television / TV Series |
Television Personalities |
Television Programs |