The Prisoner - Complete Series (Collector's Edition) (10-DVD)
|You Save:||$4 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: DVD (10 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 10
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 14 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: October 27, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: A&E Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Ultra-rare Original Footage of the 1966 Location Shooting, Accompanied by Commentary with Series Production Manager Bernie Williams
- Bonus Program: The Prisoner Video Companion
- Rare, Alternate Version of the Episode "The Chimes of Big Ben"
- Rarely Seen "Foreign File Cabinet" Footage
- Rarely Seen "Textless" Intro & Outro
- Original Broadcast Trailers
- Original Series Promotional Trailer
- Gallery of Original Production and Promotional Materials
- Production Stills Galleries
- Interactive Map of The Village
- Prisoner Trivia
- Collectors Edition
- Special Edition
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Patrick McGoohan, Leo McKern, Mary Morris, Nadia Gray, Valerie French, Norma West, Richard Caldicot & Alan White|
So far as its legions of fans are concerned, THE PRISONER was the most fascinating and intellectually challenging sci-fi/fantasy program ever put on the air. Produced in England, the series was the brainchild of actor Patrick McGoohan, who also played the central character. During the opening credits, an unidentified McGoohan is seen angrily resigning his unspecified high-level government job, only to be promptly drugged, kidnapped, and spirited off to a mysterious, Orwellian community known only as The Village. Though allowed to freely roam the colorful grounds of his new home (which resembled a lavish seaside resort, coupled with a garish amusement pier), the protagonist--now referred to only as "Number Six"--could not escape, lest he be chased down and killed by a huge, balloonlike sphere known as a Rover. In each 60-minute episode, Number Six was confronted by "the new Number Two," whose job it was to extract vital information from our hero (though just what sort of information was never explained). Defiantly shouting "I am not a number! I am a free man!", Number Six succeeded in confounding the efforts by Number Two--and the never-seen Number One--to break him down. Throughout his bizarre and often hallucinatory adventures, Number Six learned two valuable lessons: to stubbornly maintain his individuality at all times and all costs, and to trust absolutely no one. This collection includes every episode from the entire series.
Sea Hunt - 24 Hour Television Marathon Collection (8-DVD)
$5.58 on SALE
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 263 ratings.
Based on 263 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!