My Hero Volume 1
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 1952
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Robert Cummings, Julie Bishop & John Litel|
|Directed by||Oscar Rudolph & Leslie Goodwins|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Model Of Blossom: A beautiful photographer uses Beanblossom to pose for a magazine layout featuring one of Mr. Thackery's model homes. Her designs on Julie's harebrained hero quickly turn to romance, prompting an incredible mix-up.
Beauty Queen: Beanblossom enters Julie in the "Miss Real Estate" beauty contest without her knowledge, forcing Mr. Thackery to hire a temporary secretary. It turns out that the young woman has plenty of experience, but none of it is related to typing or stenography.
The Boat: Beanblossom gets mixed up with mobsters wanted by the FBI when he unknowingly sells them a cabin cruiser for cash. Counting the money with Julie reveals that the buyers have overpaid, encouraging the pair to make an unexpected visit.
Big Crush: The sweetheart of an important client's son develops a schoolgirl crush on Beanblossom when she interviews him for a homework assignment. Her boyfriend is furious about his new competition and gives Mr. Thackery an ultimatum.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Does not stand the time test nearly as well as his 'Love That Bob' show, in addition to which he ws better cast as a lech. in the previous as the photographer always up to his neck in models. But, nostalgia is nostalgia, and it's still pretty good.
MY HERO is the classic television series that was originally slated to film 39 episodes, but filmed 33 instead due to production difficulties. Co-produced by Robert Cummings himself, this was one of the many television series released by Official Films (same company responsible for the syndication of ROCKY JONES). All four episodes of this series are worth watching, especially if you love Julie Bishop or Robert Cummings. It should be noted, however, that the first episode on this DVD is really "The Duel," originally broadcast on NBC July 13, 1953. "The Modle of Blossom" title is inaccurate, according to papers at UCLA.
- Sales Rank: 21,652
- UPC: 089218478498
- Shipping Weight: 0.28/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Television Movie Categories:
- Albert Collins Live From Austin TX (DVD) ~ $16.79
- Dane Cook Tourgasm (3-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Jackson 5 Jacksons: An American Dream (2-DVD) ~ $26.98
- Spike Jones The Legend (3-Disc + CD) (DVD-R) ~ $33.26 on SALE
Patrick Moraz Future Memories: Live on TV (DVD) ~
$13.21 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE