Sky King Volume 1
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: May 31, 2005
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Alpha Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- SKY ROBBERS
- A DOG NAMED BARNEY
- BULLET BAIT
- WILD MAN
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Based on a popular radio program, "Sky King" first aired on NBC-TV in 1951, and took flight in various forms and on other networks until going into re-runs in the 1960s. Fondly remembered today, "Sky King" is often credited with inspiring a generation into careers in aviation.
Sky Robbers: There's more at stake than winning a trophy when Sky and Penny enter a race at the local air show, and discover that a rival contestant and his gang have stolen the box office receipts!
A Dog Named Barney: The town's much-loved newsboy, Johnny, is blind and is given a seeing-eye dog by the community. When Johnny and Barney stumble into a robbery, the dog takes off after the bandit, and Sky must track the heroic German shepherd, hoping it will lead him to the perpetrator!
Bullet Bait: Sky and Penny host a wedding at the Flying Crown Ranch for their friend Joe. But when the groom doesn't show, and his car is discovered at the scene of a crime, Sky must set a trap to catch the real culprits and clear Joe's name!
Wild Man: A mysterious mountain hermit is suspected of stealing the logging company's payroll. Penny befriends the giant "wild man," and with her Uncle Sky's help, sets out to prove the hermit's innocence before an angry lynch mob finds him!
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 70 ratings.
What a joy to be taken back in time to the "good ole days" when you never had to worry about what was going to come through the speakers at you.
I was just a youngster when Sky King came out.
I am just sorry that there is no "Complete Series" out yet. I hope there is really soon.
I will certainly buy the set. PW in NC
....comes "Sky King" and the old Cessna 310B comes roaring right at you. One of the greatest beginings in TV history (this DVD actually has 3 versions of the intro) leads you into the world of Schuyler King, his adventures in the modern west and other going ons at the Flying Crown Ranch. Throw in some vintage Nabisco and Peter Pan peanut butter advertisements, and this DVD is a winner. Plus, Sky himself will tell you how to get a Sky King Super(not ordinary) Detecto microscope, which glows in the dark, comes with a real gold nugget and even has a secert treasure map! IS THAT GREAT OR WHAT????
And always remember, Sky's plane is a Cessna 310B. Thats important.
really enjoyed seeing Sky and Penny again. If you are old enough to remember Sky King, you'll truly enjoy this dvd.
My knowledge of the series prior to seeing this disc was from Jimmy Buffett's Pencil Thin Moustache where he mentions having a crush on Sky's niece Penny. When this disc showed up I jumped at the chance to see what it was all about. Despite being a "kids" show these are pretty good half hour adventures. Certainly they aren't complicated, but what could be in half an hour? They are action packed and exciting. My only problem with the shows on the disc is the second episode about a dog bought for the blind paper boy. Its alternately hysterical, the acting of the blind kid is terrible, and really soapy. I ended up zipping through most of the epsiode. The other three episodes are really good and had me looking to see when more episodes might be coming out. Definitely a keeper.
- Sales Rank: 2,531
- UPC: 089218477392
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE