- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 26, 2002
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: VCI Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
When bully Hopper kills a Mexican in a barroom brawl, the townsfolk want his head. Pat Wayne (John's son) plays the sheriff who makes sure justice is done.
In this exciting western set in 1848, a small California town finds itself facing a possible race war after a young American murders a Mexican man in a barroom shootout. It's up to the town's sheriff to make sure that the bully receives a fair trial despite the many townspeople who want to lynch the killer. Meanwhile, romance develops between the sheriff and one of the women in town.
- Copyright 1995 Hen's Tooth Video.
- Color by Technicolor.
- A C.V. Whitney Production (part of its Americana series).
- The film was made about two years before its release, originally for Buena Vista.
- Academy Award Nomination: Best Song ("Strange Are the Ways of Love").