|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Tomorrow's Children - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Exploitation Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 52 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: May 31, 2005
- Originally Released: 1934
- Label: Alpha Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Sterling Holloway, Crane Wilbur & Diane Sinclair|
|Directed by||Crane Wilbur|
Description by OLDIES.com:
A dragnet for Alice is set up and she is recaptured. After a corrupt and heartless judge refuses to intervene, Alice is condemned to go under the knife. Armed with the knowledge that Alice is a foundling without true Mason blood in her veins, Jim races against the clock to preserve poor Alice's reproductive rights in a thrilling operating room climax.
A veteran of silent and sound films, actor/director Crane Wilbur (1886-1973) is best known for the 1959 remake of Mary Roberts Rinehart's The Bat. In Tomorrow's Children Wilbur applies a poetic gloss to the otherwise wooden dialogue of this low budget production. Shot on leftover art deco sets, Wilbur's movie has a surprising sheen of sleek professionalism that elevates it to the forefront of 1930's exploitation films.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Also known as Sterilization, The Unborn. A family of genetic misfires called the Masons agree to all be sterilized by some governmental gene-pool-lifeguards in exchange for welfare money. This would be no major loss since they're all either catatonically simpleminded, crippled by birth defects, or terminally shiftless. The only problem is, the daughter Alice isn't like the rest of the Mason clan (because she's secretly adopted), and she's on the verge of getting married and having kids, so she doesn't want to be sterilized. Alice escapes before they can drag her to the hospital, disguises herself as a boy, and starts riding the rails and hitchhiking. The cops catch her, though, and she's about to be spayed unless her boyfriend and other concerned parties can argue them out of it. It won't be easy because the judge is sterilization-happy: the only case he lets go by is a psychotic Eddie Munster lookalike who can't go for two minutes without trying to tear a woman's clothes off, and he only lets that one slip because a senator asks him to! The mother finally admits that Alice isn't really a Mason, but the operation is already starting; can Alice be saved in time? Message film was apparently topical at the time, but is now super-comical instead, with its bizarre depictions of degeneracy. You gotta wonder what they were thinking, showing a kid whose only toys were empty whiskey bottles, and having Mr. and Mrs. Mason still turning out newborn infants when they looked to be at least 70 years old! Unintentional comedy at its best, do not miss this one!
- Sales Rank: 15,278
- UPC: 089218476692
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.