- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 12, 2013
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Shout Factory
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Visible Lyrics Option
- Special "Dead Facts" fan quiz!
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 10/11/1996
"There's nothing grim about these reapers....Seasoned and spry..." --Rating: B+
The Grateful Dead's legendary 1987 New Year's show at the Oakland Coliseum is captured here in this concert video featuring over two-and-a-half hours of live footage highlighted by taped comedy sketches (think Jerry as Santa and Mickey Hart as Spock!). Songs include "Bertha," "When Push Comes to Shove" and "Hell in a Bucket."
Spend New Year's Eve with the greatest concert band in the world and their devoted followers. "A Ticket to New Year's" presents the Grateful Dead, recorded in 1987 at the Oakland Coliseum.
Among the songs that help usher in a happy holiday: "Bertha," "Cold Rain and Snow," "The Music Never Stopped" and "Uncle John's Band."
Concert Footage |
Live Performances |
Music (General) |
Music Video |
Pop / Rock |
- Presented by music producer Bill Graham.
- The concert was recorded live at the Oakland Coliseum on December 31, 1987. It aired on TV as a pay-per-view special.
- Tracks include:
"Cold Rain and Snow"
"When Push Comes to Shove"
"The Music Never Stopped"
"Hell in a Bucket"
"Uncle John's Band"
"Lady With a Fan"
"The Other One"
- Additional credits: John Cutler & Phil Lesh (audio producers).
- Copyright 1996 Grateful Dead Productions, Inc.