- Released: January 22, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: GNP Records
- 1.Can't Seem to Make You Mine
- 2.No Escape
- 3.Lose Your Mind
- 4.Evil Hoodoo
- 5.Girl I Want You
- 6.Pushin' Too Hard
- 7.Try to Understand
- 8.Nobody Spoil My Fun
- 9.It's a Hard Life
- 10.You Can't Be Trusted
- 11.Excuse, Excuse
- 12.Fallin' in Love
- 13.She's Wrong
- 14.Daisy Mae [Take 1]
- 15.Dreaming of Your Love
- 16.Out of the Question [Version 1, Take 1]
- 17.Out of the Question [Version 1, Master]
- 18.Pushin' Too Hard [Take 1]
- 19.Girl I Want You [Alternate Overdub, Take 6A]
- 20.Evil Hoodoo [Unedited Take and Intercut Section]
- 21.It's a Hard Life [Take 3]
- 22.Nobody Spoil My Fun [Alternate Overdub, Take 3A]
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes the albums, THE SEEDS/TRAVEL WITH YOUR MIND/RAW & ALIVE.
Personnel: Sky Saxon (vocals, harmonica, percussion); Jan Savage (guitar, background vocals); Daryl Hooper (melodica, piano, organ, keyboard bass, background vocals); Rick Andridge (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Matt Pakucko; Alec Palao; Wally Sound.
Liner Note Author: Alec Palao.
Illustrator: Daryl Hooper.
As mid-'60s L.A. garage bands go, the Seeds were perhaps the most primitive, which isn't necessarily a virtue. Whereas the Standells had good lyrics, the Leaves could write pop, and Love was gifted beyond comparison, Sky Saxon and company had to settle for attitude and an unintended comicalness. Their debut record is just that. It's comprised of snotty boy-girl songs and teeters on the edge of musical ineptness, though it does contain the garage classic "Pushin' Too Hard" (whose arrangement is recycled at least once here). The other significant tune is "Can't Seem to Make You Mine," which features a repetitive, haunted-house guitar riff. The rest of the record, though fairly forgettable, still reinforces the truth that pure punk appeared long before the Sex Pistols. ~ Peter Kurtz