Sarah Vaughan I Love Brazil
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Dianne Reeves ~ Beautiful Life ~ $13.37
- by Sarah Vaughan ~ How Long Has This Been Going On? ~ $17.41
- by Sarah Vaughan ~ Sophisticated Lady: The Duke Ellington Songbook Collection (2-CD) ~ $17.08
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 15, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Pablo
JazzTimes - 11/94, p.93"...[I LOVE BRAZIL] defines the perfection of Sarah's studio expertise and demonstrates her ability to merge Brazilian with bebop via an exquisite delivery of beautiful Portuguese-into-English wordpictures..."
- 1.If You Went Away (Preciso Aprender A Ser So)
- 3.Roses And Roses (Das Rosas)
- 4.Empty Faces (Vera Cruz)
- 5.I Live To Love You (Morrer De Amor)
- 6.Face I Love, The (Seu Encanto)
- 7.Courage (Coragem)
- 8.Day It Rained, The (Chuva)
- 9.Little Tear, A (Razao De Viver)
- 10.Like A Lover
- 11.Bridges (Travessia)
- 12.Someone To Light Up My Life (Se Todos Fossem Iguais A Voce)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Sarah Vaughan, Dorival Caymmi (vocals); Dori Caymmi, Milton Nascimento (vocals, acoustic guitar); Danilo Caymmi, Paulo Jobim (flute); Mauricio Einhorn (harmonica); Edson Frederico, Antonio Carlos Jobim (piano); Jose Roberto Bertrami (electric piano, organ); Helio Delmiro, Nelson Angelo (electric guitar); Sergio Barroso, Claudio Bertrami (acoustic bass); Novelli (electric bass); Wilson Das Neves, Robertinho Silva (drums); Chico Batera, Ariovaldo, Luna, Marcal (percussion).
Engineers: Mario Jorge Bruno, Luiz Carlos T. Reis.
Recorded at RCA Studios, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil in October & November, 1977. Includes liner notes by Bob Blumenthal.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1994, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Sarah Vaughan's recordings during the last phase of her magnificent career weren't always up to her usual standards, but this late-'70s set focusing on Brazilian music was a superb exception. Vaughan sounded as delightful and glorious as ever doing songs by legendary composers Antonio Carlos Jobim and Milton Nascimento and newer voices like Dorival Caymmi, Oscar Castro Neves and Eumir Deodato, among many others. The backing and rhythms weren't Americanized pap, but an accurate reflection of contemporary Brazil's sounds at the time. The CD adds two bonus tracks that weren't on the original, giving listeners the full results of what proved to be one of the great Sarah Vaughan's final studio triumphs. ~ Ron Wynn
Sarah Vaughan's Golden Hits!!! [Mercury / PolyGram] (CD)(23)
$10.56 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE