Milt Jackson Centerpiece: At the Kosei Nenkin, Volume 2 (Live)
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Oscar Peterson ~ The Very Tall Band: Live at the Blue Note ~ $17.08
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 4, 2002
- Label: Pablo
- 2.Holy Land
- 5.Little Girl Blue
- 6.Someday My Prince Will Come
- 7.Speed Ball
- 8.Blue Bossa
- 9.Watch What Happens
- 10.Organ Grinders Swing
Personnel: Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Teddy Edwards (tenor saxophone); Cedar
Walton (piano); Ray Brown (acoustic bass); Billy Higgins (drums).
Recorded at Kosei Nenkin Hall, Tokyo, Japan on March 22 & 23, 1976.
The original two-record set featuring Milt Jackson at the Kosei Nenkin was reissued in condensed form on an earlier CD; this second volume includes the omitted pair of tracks as well as eight previously unreleased songs. Accompanied by tenor saxophonist Teddy Edwards, pianist Cedar Walton, bassist Ray Brown, and drummer Billy Higgins, the veteran vibraphonist gives his Tokyo audience their yen's worth. The leader dominates the hard-charging opener, "Centerpiece," though Walton and Edwards both get in some choice licks. Charlie Chaplin's "Smile" seems a bit more upbeat than typically performed, but Edwards' soulful saxophone gets the message of its bittersweet lyric across. Other standards, including "Little Girl Blue" and "Someday My Prince Will Come" (the latter song first recorded by Dave Brubeck in 1957, then in 1961 by Miles Davis; liner note writer Ed Michel has it backwards), inspire the musicians to the top of their respective games. Unfortunately, Walton's switch to electric piano gives a rather dated sound to Don Redman's "Cherry" and Kenny Dorham's "Blue Bossa." It goes without saying that anyone who picked up the original two-record set or just the companion volume to this CD should snap it up without delay. ~ Ken Dryden
Elmo HopeAll-Star Sessions (With John Coltrane, Donald Byrd, Jimmy... (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Sonny StittStitt's Bits: Bebop Recordings 1949-1952 [Box Set] (3-CD...
$24.19 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Lofty Fake Anagram / A Genuine Tong Funeral (2-CD)
$19.78 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE