Budd Johnson Let's Swing!
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: January 5, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: OJC
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Budd Johnson (tenor saxophone); Keg Johnson, Tommy Flanagan, George Duvivier, Charlie Persip.
Personnel: Budd Johnson (tenor saxophone); Keg Johnson (trombone); Tommy Flanagan (piano); Charlie Persip (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Phil DeLancie.
Liner Note Author: Joe Goldberg.
Recording information: Englewood Cliffs, NJ (12/02/1960); Nj (12/02/1960).
One of tenor saxophonist Budd Johnson's best showcases, Let's Swing! finds him featured in a quintet with his brother Keg Johnson on trombone, pianist Tommy Flanagan, bassist George Duvivier, and drummer Charlie Persip. Budd starts off with the ballad feature "Serenade in Blue," then performs three originals, including "Downtown Manhattan" and "Uptown Manhattan," as well as three other veteran standards. Throughout, Johnson sounds both modern, as if he had come of age as one of the "cool school," and timeless, since he was a major player by the mid-'30s. A fine set. ~ Scott Yanow
Art FarmerEarly Art with Sonny Rollins, Horace Silver and Wynton Kelly (CD)
$10.56 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE