Jack DeJohnette The DeJohnette Complex
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Lee Ritenour ~ Captain Fingers ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: February 12, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: OJC
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jack DeJohnette (melodica, drums); Bennie Maupin (tenor saxophone); Stanley Cowell (electric piano); Miroslav Vitous, Eddie Gomez (bass); Roy Haynes (drums, percussion).
Recorded at Dandon Productions, New York, New York on December 26 & 27, 1968. Originally released on Milestone (9022). Includes original liner notes by Orrin Keepnews.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1991, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley).
This album, released in 1969, has all the charms of an eager first album. THE DEJOHNETTE COMPLEX also makes a solid case for Jack DeJohnette as a formidable composer and band leader. He already had impressive credentials as a drummer, having had successful stints with both Charles Lloyd and Miles Davis (after replacing Tony Williams).
The players on this album are some of the best of that time: Miroslav Vitous and Eddie Gomez on bass, Stanley Cowell on piano, Bennie Maupin on tenor saxophone, and Roy Haynes on drums. There are angular ballads and furiously cascading post-bop rave-ups. The compositions reveal DeJohnette's deep musical background and training in classical piano.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE