Buster Crabbe Double Feature: His Brother's Ghost (1945) / Shadows of Death (1945)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 1945
- Label: Alpha Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- [unspecified] - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Al St. John, Buster Crabbe & Al "Fuzzy" St. John|
|Performer:||Karl Hackett, Charles King & Archie Hall|
|Directed by||Sam Newfield|
Description by OLDIES.com:
His Brother's Ghost (1945, B&W, 47 minutes): Bandits are terrorizing border towns, killing ranchers and robbing their homes. Billy Carson has been investigating the criminals and learns of a plan to raid his friend Andy Jones' farm. Although they are prepared to take on the gang, there is a shootout and Andy is killed. With Jones out of the way, two outlaws are sent to rob his abandoned ranch during the night. When Carson catches them in the act, he is outnumbered, but after the ghost of Andy mysteriously appears, they make a run for it. Carson and Andy's "ghost" conspire to scare the bandits out of hiding in this haunting western tale. Starring Buster Crabbe, Al "Fuzzy" St. John Charles King, Karl Hackett, Archie Hall and Roy Brent. Directed by Sam Newfield. Screenplay by George Milton.
Shadows Of Death (194, B&W, 59 minutes): A gang of crooked gunslingers disrupt a new railroad being built through the village of Red Rock. Sheriff Fuzzy Jones, who is also the town judge (and barber), sends for help from his friend and former partner Billy Carson (Buster Crabbe). Working together, Fuzzy and Carson hunt down the gang, and put the town of Red Rock on the map. Starring Buster Crabbe, Al "Fuzzy" St. John Dona Dax, Charles King, Karl Hackett and Archie Hall. Directed by Sam Newfield. Screenplay by Fred Myton.
HIS BROTHER'S GHOST: Andy Jones (St.John)--while on his deathbed--sends for his look-alike brother, Jonathan (St.John), aka Fuzzy Q. Jones. Along with fellow sharecrop rancher, Billy Cardon (Crabbe), they organize to defeat the Thorne gang from over their ranches by utilizing Jonathan as his Brothers ghost. A strong Billy the Kid film.
SHADOWS OF DEATH: The legendary Buster Crabbe returns as Billy the Kid in this addition to the series. Once again Billy has to use his skills to tackle each and every outlaw and bring them to justice.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
I found His Brothers Ghost / Shadow of Death, a double feature by Buster Crabbe, an entertaining western. While not my favorite western star, he still turns the tide on the bad guys. They sure don't make 'em like this anymore..
- Sales Rank: 6,952
- UPC: 089218473097
- Shipping Weight: 0.33/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the World (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE