Bullet For My Valentine Fever (2-CD)
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$1.13 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 22, 2010
- Label: Red Int / Red Ink
Alternative Press - p.1043 stars out of 5 -- "On FEVER, it's all about the harmonized riffs and the high-flying melodies interlocking with the type of rhythmic thud that feels like it could move the earth -- and the pop charts."
Billboard (p.28) - "[T]he song 'Alone' offers six minutes of epic ebb-and-flow orchestration....It's clear on 'Fever' that Bullet for My Valentine is hot to step closer to the metal mainstream."
Kerrang (Magazine) - p.52"Its inspired songwriting, impeccable musicianship and unbridled confidence propel Bullet to a level that they could only point towards previously."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Your Betrayal
- 3.The Last Fight
- 4.A Place Where You Belong
- 5.Pleasure and Pain
- 7.Breaking Out, Breaking Down
- 8.Bittersweet Memories
- 10.Begging for Mercy
- 11.Pretty on the Outside
- 12.Fever - (live)
- 13.The Last Fight [Live at XFM]
- 14.Bittersweet Memories [Live at XFM]
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Your Betrayal [Live From Graspop Metal Meeting 2010]
- 2.Fever [Live From Graspop Metal Meeting 2010]
- 3.Walking The Demon [Live From Graspop Metal Meeting 2010]
- 4.The Last Fight [Music Video] - (alternate take)
- 5.Your Betrayal [Music Video] - (alternate take)
- 6.Making Of 'The Last Fight' Music Video - (alternate take)
- 7.Fever [Album Track-By-Track Comentary] - (alternate take)
- 8.Bittersweet Memories - (alternate take)
- 9.Fever - (alternate take)
- 10.Track By Track Album Commentary
Personnel: Matt Tuck (vocals, guitar).
Audio Mixers: Chris Lord-Alge; Colin Richardson.
Recording information: Monnow Valley Studio, Monmouth, Wales; Musicbox Studios, Cardiff, Wales; Rockfield Studios, Monmouth, Wales; Soundworks, Cardiff, Wales; The Document Room, Malibu, CA; The Pill, Newport, Wales.
Photographer: P.R. Brown.
Welsh thrash/metalcore band Bullet for My Valentine sold a lot of records out of the gate with their 2006 album The Poison, blending old-school metal riffing and emo lyrical content in a manner similar to Stateside peers like Atreyu. On their second album, 2008's Scream Aim Fire, they evolved into a much more aggressive and assured metal act, going a little easier on the overwrought diary-entry lyrics in favor of Trivium-style anthems like "Eye of the Storm" and "Waking the Demon." On their third disc, they consolidate their style and split the difference between their two previous discs, offering ultra-clean singing and overwrought lost-love lyrics atop a bed of gated and triggered drums, staccato guitar riffing, and arena-friendly soloing. Having apparently overcome the throat problems that plagued him around the time of Scream Aim Fire, Matt Tuck's vocals are powerful and committed, whether on heavy tracks like "Your Betrayal" or ballads like "Bittersweet Memories." This isn't a pathbreaking album by a band with any chance at reshaping their genre in their image; it's a solid disc by a group that knows its own strengths. ~ Phil Freeman
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!