- Dolby Digital Stereo
- 1.78:1 Widescreen Presentation
- Interview With Squeeze Lyricist Chris Difford
- Amy Pickard's 1991 Public Access Cable Interview With Chris Difford And Glenn Tilbrook From Her Music Video Show In Dayton, Ohio
- Audio Commentary By Glenn Tilbrook
- Glenn's Q&A From The Tokyo Screening
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 24, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Footage: Tokyo Screening Q&A, August 2005
- Amy Pickard - Director
- Chris Difford
- Take Me I'm Yours
- Up The Junction
- Pulling Muscles (From A Shell)
- Goodbye Girl
- Another Nail In My Heart
- Is That Love
- Black Coffee In Bed
- Parallel World
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 02/01/2006
"Tilbrook himself makes for amiable company, and stark, solo renditions of those kitchen-sink hits provide boundless delight."
Mojo - 04/01/2006
4 stars out of 5 -- "An almost inexhaustible supply of Squeeze classics are served amiably and acoustically with Tilbrook's affable wit guaranteeing that this documentary is a real pleasure."
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Story Of One Man, Two Guitars And An RV!
Glenn Tilbrook: One For The Road is the perfect film for dreamers, music fans and open road enthusiasts everywhere!
Ever wondered what it would be like to go on a cross-country tour with a rock star? Filmmaker Amy Pickard did and made a movie about it. Expecting luxury tour buses and five star hotels, she found Glenn Tilbrook, the former lead singer of Squeeze, touring in a mobile home and bedding down in roadside campgrounds.
This intimate film follows Tilbrook on every step of his first solo tour of America in his beloved - but not so reliable - home on wheels. From the search for his missing RV; adventures with engine repair and exploding generators, to a musical house call that one fan will never forget: All access, all of the time.
It's the story of how an established artist adjusts to his independent surroundings. It's a commentary on the current state of the music industry. But, most importantly, it's a human-interest story that transcends its musical base.
Includes exclusive live acoustic performances of:
- 01 Tempted
- 02 Hourglass
- 03 Take Me I'm Yours
- 04 Up the Junction
- 05 Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)
- 06 Goodbye Girl
- 07 Another Nail in My Heart
- 08 Is That Love
- 09 Black Coffee In Bed
- 10 Parallel World
Amy Pickard's documentary of Squeeze musician Glenn Tilbrook's mobile home tour of America tracks Tilbrook through both magic moments and misadventures, and features acoustic performances of hits including "Hourglass," "Take Me I'm Yours," and "Up the Junction."