Red Norvo Wigwammin'
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by Red Norvo ~ Rock It For Me ~ $14.39
- Released: 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Hep Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Daydreaming (All Night Long)
- $0.99 on iTunes2.A Cigarette and a Silhouette
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Savin' Myself For You, (I've Been)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.You Leave Me Breathless
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Put Your Heart in a Song
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Wigwammin'
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Sunny Side of the Street
- $0.99 on iTunes8.How Can I Thank You?
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Garden of the Moon
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Just You, Just Me
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Now It Can Be Told
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Jump Jumps Here
- $0.99 on iTunes13.I Haven't Changed a Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Love Is Where You Find It
- $0.99 on iTunes15.I Used to Be Color Blind
- $0.99 on iTunes16.A-Tisket, A-Tasket
- $0.99 on iTunes17.This Is Madness (To Love Like This)
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Who Blew Out the Flame
- $0.99 on iTunes19.You're a Sweet Little Headache
- $0.99 on iTunes20.I Have Eyes
- $0.99 on iTunes21.St. Louis Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes22.You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes23.Have You Forgotten So Soon?
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Red Norvo (xylophone); Terry Allen , Mildred Bailey (vocals); Hank D'Amico (clarinet, saxophone, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Frank Simeone (saxophone, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); George Berg (saxophone, soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet); Maurice Kogan (soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone); Jack Owens , Barney Zudecoff, Jack Palmer (trumpet); Andy Russo, Al George (trombone); Bill Miller (piano); George Wettling (drums).
Audio Remasterer: John R.T. Davies.
Liner Note Author: Chris Sheridan.
Recording information: New York, NY (05/02/1938-09/29/1938).
Photographer: Frank Driggs.
Arrangers: Eddie Sauter; Frank Simeone; Hank D'Amico.
Xylophonist and bandleader Red Norvo was nearing the end of his popular big-band period when these 23 tunes were recorded between May and September 1938. Most of the songs are sung either by the mellifluous Mildred Bailey or the somewhat sappy Terry Allen. Clarinet solos are by Hank D'Amico and the band's arrangements were written by saxophonist Frank Simeone or Eddie Sauter. This album matches up to some extent with two installments in Norvo's portion of the Classics Chronological Series; the difference lies in certain tracks which were issued by Classics as part of their Mildred Bailey retrospective. Either way, Norvo spent much of the late '30s leading a big band that often seemed to exist mainly as background for sweet or novelty vocals. By the end of 1939 he was ready for something new. His adventures during the '40s would leave much of his '30s big-band work sounding comparatively quaint and at times contrived. ~ arwulf arwulf
V-Disc: Musical Contribution by America's Best (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
99¢ on SALE