- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 18, 2013
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Full Moon Pictures
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: The Premiere of Evil Clergyman Documentary: Shot at the Aug. 11th, 2012 premiere of Evil Clergyman at the Muvico Theaters Rosemont in Chicago! Including exclusive interviews with Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton, Richard Band & Charles Band!
- 60 seconds of un-restored footage from the Pulsepounders Trancers Sequel! - to premiere at Flashback Weekend August 9-11, 2013!
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
In 1987 Charles Band directed "PULSESPOUNDERS", an anthology film comprised of three 30 minute sequels to the biggest hits of Empire Pictures: "H.P. LOVECRAFT's THE EVIL CLERGYMAN", a "TRANCERS" sequel, and a sequel to "THE DUNGEONMASTER". "PULSEPOUNDERS" was shot and edited in 1988 before circumstances prevented it from being released. In addition the original 35mm negative for the 3 episodes has never been found. For the last 25 years, fans have been excited to see any footage from this lost treasure.
In 2011 a "PULSEPOUNDERS" work print on VHS was discovered. Charles Band and a team of digital experts have been working for the last year digitally restoring it. Richard Band, the composer of classic film scores such as "RE-ANIMATOR" and "PUPPER MASTER" has composed an original lavish 1980's style score for it! The first of the "lost" "PULSEPOUNDERS" episodes to be restored, "H.P. LOVECRAFT's THE EVIL CLERGYMAN" re-unites horror's hottest duo: Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton! "THE EVIL CLERGYMAN" also stars horror legends David Warner and David Gale (Dr. Hill from "RE-ANIMATOR"). The historic cinematic premiere was attended by director Charles Band, stars Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton, and composer Richard Band in Chicago at Flashback Weekend. Screenings have also been arranged for the H.P. Lovecraft festivals in both Los Angeles and Portland.
Originally produced as segment of Charles Band's "lost" horror anthology "Pulsepounders," this 30-minute H.P. Lovecraft adaptation reuniting RE-ANIMATOR stars Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton finally sees the light of day in this release featuring a restored version of a VHS work-print that was discovered in 2011.