Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$7 (58% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Diane Schuur ~ The Very Best of Diane Schuur ~ $9.88
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: May 15, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Grp Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Diane Schuur (vocals); Jos‚ Feliciano (vocals); Howard Roberts , Steve Khan (electric guitar); Tom Scott (alto saxophone); Stan Getz (tenor saxophone); Dave Grusin (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards, synthesizer, percussion); Mitchel Forman (piano, synthesizer); Richard Tee (Fender Rhodes piano); Larry Williams (synthesizer); Dan Dean (electric bass); Carlos Vega (drums, percussion); Moyes Lucas, Steve Gadd (drums).
Audio Mixers: Dave Grusin; Don Murray ; Josiah Gluck; Larry Rosen .
Recording information: 1986-1989.
Photographers: Janet Van Ham; Rick Laird .
Arrangers: Dave Grusin; Pat Williams; Steven Miller ; Billy May.
Released in 1989, Collection sums up Diane Schuur's first five GRP albums, a period when she achieved a level of acclaim that tailed off somewhat in the '90s. What has been gathered together here is often very impressive, her rich, full voice keening over carefully wrought, beautifully recorded lush backdrops (with real or electronic strings), swinging over some fine big bands, or coming to terms with '80s jazz funksters. Strangely, there is only one selection from her live-in-the-studio collaboration Diane Schuur & the Count Basie Orchestra, which is the best overall album from this period (it features guitarist Freddie Green's last recorded performance) -- while the other albums (Deedles, Schuur Thing, Timeless, Talkin' 'Bout You) get multiple representation. It's quite possible that Schuur has never topped the leadoff track, Ivan Lins' beguiling "Love Dance" -- with her sponsor Stan Getz weaving a magic spell, this is a great example of the right material meeting the right singer and the right backing. Dave Grusin, Johnny Mandel, Billy May, Pat Williams, and Jeremy Lubbock are the arrangers whose tracks were chosen -- and everything has the brilliant sonic sheen that turned on the audiophile crowd early in the CD era. ~ Richard S. Ginell
In Concert (With Special Guest Diane Schuur) (DVD)
$12.84 Super Savings
Live From Seattle with Maynard Ferguson and his Big Bop... (DVD)
$11.10 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 49,972
- UPC: 011105959124
- Shipping Weight: 0.23/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Williams Me And The Blues / The Song Is You (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE