David Benoit The Best of David Benoit 1987-1995
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 1, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Grp Records
- 1.Drive Time - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Every Step of the Way
- 3.Cast Your Fate to the Wind
- 4.Searching for June - (previously unreleased)
- 5.M.W.A. (Musicians with Attitude)
- 6.Linus and Lucy
- 7.Kei's Song
- 8.The Key to You
- 9.Freedom at Midnight
- 10.Still Standing
- 12.Letter to Evan
- 13.Urban Daydreams
- 14.Mediterranean Nights - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: David Benoit (conductor, piano, Hammond B-3 organ, keyboards); Eric Marienthal (soprano & alto saxophones); Jerry Hey, Gary Grant (trumpet); Charles Loper (trombone); Bruce Dukov (concertmaster); Paul Jackson, Jr. (guitar); Nathan East (bass); Ricky Lawson (drums); Michael Fisher (percussion); Carl Griffin (programming).
Producers include: David Benoit, Marcel East, Nathan East, Jeffrey Weber, Allen Sides.
Compilation producer: Carl Griffin.
Engineers include: Clark Germain, Bob Lotus, Allen Sides.
All songs written or co-written by David Benoit except "Cast Your Fate To The Wind" (Vince Guaraldi/Carel Werber), "Letter To Evan" (Bill Evans) and "Linus And Lucy" (Vince Guaraldi).
Personnel: David Benoit (piano, organ, keyboards); Paul Jackson, Jr. (guitar); Eric Marienthal (soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Gary Grant, Jerry Hey (trumpet); Charles Loper (trombone); Ricky Lawson (drums); Michael Fisher (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Clark Germain ; Allen Sides .
Audio Remixer: Clark Germain .
Recording information: 29th Street Studio, Torrance, CA (1987-1995); Bill Schnee Studio (1987-1995); OceanWay Recording, Hollywood, CA (1987-1995); Pack's Pl (1987-1995); Pyramid Studios (1987-1995).
Illustrator: Dan Serrano.
Photographer: Tracy Lamonica.
Arrangers: David Benoit; Jerry Hey.
During his years with the GRP label, pianist David Benoit became very popular among listeners who enjoy hearing melodic jazz-influenced pop instrumentals that groove in a generally quiet manner. This sampler has 14 selections including two previously unreleased numbers and tunes taken from ten of Benoit's earlier releases. Unfortunately the exact personnel is only given for the new tracks (a rather inexcusable omission). The music overall (which includes a couple of straight-ahead performances recorded for tributes to Bill Evans and Vince Guaraldi) is lightly funky and enjoyable if somewhat lightweight. Highlights include "Cast Your Fate to the Wind," "Linus and Lucy," "Freedom at Midnight," "Letter to Evan," and "Urban Daydreams." ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE