- Original Theatrical Trailers
- Bonus Trailers
- 3 Classic Classroom Scare Films: "Drug Addiction," "Alcohol Is Dynamite!" & "The Choice Is Yours!"
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 4, 2006
- Originally Released: 1957
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 1.0 L/R - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Classic Classroom Scare Short, DRUG ADDICTION
- Classic Sid Davis Short, ALCOHOL IS DYNAMITE
- National Woman's Temperance Union Short, THE CHOICE IS YOURS
- CURFEW BREAKERS (aka HOOKED)
- THE FLAMING TEENAGE
- ASSASSIN OF YOUTH
- THE DEVIL'S HARVEST
- HOPPED UP
- THE NARCOTICS STORY
- THE PUSHER
- YOUTH AFLAME!
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Boozers, Losers and Heroin Users!...
Hooked (1957, 71 mins.): When sourpuss cop Lieutenant Lacey investigates the disappearance of 17-year-old Ray Bowman, he uncovers a small town festering with high-school hipsters eager to get Hooked! Sure enough, not only does Bowman turn out to be "a confirmed heroin addict," but a dead one as well - killed by "a hot shot" when he tries to buy a fix on credit. Lacey quickly sends two undercover cops into the field - including director Alexander Wells, posing as a "joypopper" - who zero in on a 21-year-old pusher and his thrill-seeking underage girlfriend who want to introduce a super-square straight-A student to their dope-crazed friends. Also released as Narcotics Squad and Curfew Breakers, Hooked is a gleefully lurid cross between a JD flick, Reefer Madness, and Dragnet from the be-bob bleakness of the 1950s!
The Flaming Teen-Age (1956, 69 mins.): From director Irvin S. Yeaworth, the man who made The Blob, 4-D Man and Way Out, comes the "true-life story" of Fred Garland, a liquor-lovin' talent agent, swindler and "complete bum" who gets hooked on heroin and ends up becoming...a preacher! Shot in 1952 as Twice Convicted, the film eventually mutated into The Flaming Teen-Age when additional non-Yeaworth footage was added of teenage alcoholics making damn fools of themselves!
Two bizarre, cautionary drug tales from the 1950s are collected here. In Alex Wells's HOOKED!, a bitter cop investigates a small-town teen's disappearance and uncovers the community's sordid underbelly of heroin and crime. THE FLAMING TEENAGE, directed by Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr. (of THE BLOB fame), focuses on a dissolute con man who discovers God after becoming a heroin addict.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 35,475
- UPC: 014381122725
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item