|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Laurel & Hardy - Early Silent Classics, Volume 3 - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
Available in a set:
- Laurel & Hardy - Early Silent Classics, Volumes 1-4 (4-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $14.00 (Save 56%)
- Notes by Mark Redfield, Sons of the Desert
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Hardy entered movies in 1913, Laurel in 1917. Stan often played sharp-witted types, and Ollie "heavies" or villains (often with comics Billy West or Larry Semon). By the mid-1920's, both were employed at the Roach Studios, still playing different roles, with Laurel also gag-writing and even directing Charley Chase, James Finlayson, Our Gang - and Oliver Hardy!
Producer Hal Roach played "comic roulette," teaming his stars in the hopes of hitting box office gold. The Boys make their first appearance together in Lucky Dog, but it will be another ten years before they truly become a team. This collection showcases the comic genius of two great performers on the road to fame - Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy.
Short Kilts (1924) with Stan Laurel, James Finlayson: The clans collide when the McPhersons invite the McGregors over for supper. Trouble starts between Stan and Fin over a game of musical chairs... nothing a bowl of haggis and a punch in the eye can't fix!
Smithy (1924) with Stan Laurel, James Finlayson: After being discharged from the army, Smithy (Stan) gets a job building houses. Construction becomes destruction when his old sergeant (Finlayson) shows up!
Along Came Auntie (1926) with Oliver Hardy, Vivien Oakland: Talk about desperate housewives! Deeply in debt, Vivien rents a room to Ollie, her first husband. When her rich, divorce-hating aunt turns up, her ex and current hubbies are at each other's throats, and nothing she does can hide her past.
The Stolen Jools (1931) with Laurel and Hardy: A Hollywood "who's who"! Along with Buster Keaton, Joe E. Brown and many others, The Boys (by now established in their familiar characters of "Stan and Ollie") are detectives - and arrive on the scene with their classic "demolished automobile" gag.
Home Movies (1938): Before home video, there was 16mm film, and Stan was an early 'home movie' enthusiast. Here are rare glimpses of his daughter at home and friends on the Hal Roach lot, including Babe out of character!
The Tree In A Test Tube (1943) with Pete Smith as Narrator: To help the war effort, The Boys made this public service announcement the year they did "Jitterbugs" and "The Dancing Masters" for 20th Century Fox. Theatre-goers learned everything they always wanted to know about - wood products!
- 1.Short Kilts
- 3.Along Came Auntie
- 4.Stolen Jewels
- 5.Laurel & Hardy Home Movies
- 6.Tree In A Test Tube (public Service Announcement)
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 10,733
- UPC: 089218468192
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Comedies Movie Categories:
Big Broadcast of 1938 / College Swing (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
- Bob Hope Louisiana Purchase / Never Say Die (DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
$11.10 Super Savings
Rudy Ray Moore
Live at Wetlands, N.Y.C. (DVD)
$7.24 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ace Drummond (2-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $7 on SALE