|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available in a set:
- Notes by Mark Redfield, Sons of the Desert
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Oliver Hardy & Stan Laurel|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Hardy entered movies in 1913, Laurel in 1917. Stan often played sharp-witted types, and Ollie "heavies" or villains (often with comics Billy West or Larry Semon). By the mid-1920's, both were employed at the Roach Studios, still playing different roles, with Laurel also gag-writing and even directing Charley Chase, James Finlayson, Our Gang - and Oliver Hardy!
Producer Hal Roach played "comic roulette," teaming his stars in the hopes of hitting box office gold. The Boys make their first appearance together in Lucky Dog, but it will be another ten years before they truly become a team. This collection showcases the comic genius of two great performers on the road to fame - Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy.
The Hobo (1917) with Billy West, Oliver Hardy: No, its not Charlie - its Chaplin imitator Billy West as the hobo! Hardy is the wronged boyfriend who must battle Billy for his girl. A custard pie and stolen car later, Billy makes things right.
The Show (1922) with Larry Semon, Oliver Hardy: Backstage, propman Larry has his hands full with wind machines, a rooster that belches nitro (!), and Hardy and his gang out to steal the payroll - but the show must go on!
The Soilers (1923) with Stan Laurel, James Finlayson: During the gold rush, Stan hits the motherlode, and sheriff Finlayson jumps his claim. Alaska isn't big enough for the both of them!
White Wings (1923) with Stan Laurel: When Stan mixes up a dustbin with a baby carriage, he goes from street sweeper to dentist all in one afternoon in this comedy of errors!
Should Sailors Marry? (1925) with Clyde Cook, Oliver Hardy: Clyde heads home (and for trouble) after four years in the Navy to meet his future bride. The gold-digger tries to set him up for easy alimony until Hardy appears as the insurance company doctor. One of their best.
Thundering Fleas (1926) with Our Gang, Oliver Hardy: It's the original "scratch-off" contest as the gang's flea collection escapes at a wedding! Roach studio regulars Charley Chase and James Finlayson also make appearances.
- 4.White Wings
- 5.Should Sailors Marry
- 6.Hard Boiled Yeggs
- 7.Thundering Fleas
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 11,180
- UPC: 089218468093
- Shipping Weight: 0.28/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Comedies Movie Categories:
Big Broadcast of 1938 / College Swing (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
- Bob Hope Louisiana Purchase / Never Say Die (DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
$11.75 Super Savings
Rudy Ray Moore
Live at Wetlands, N.Y.C. (DVD)
$7.16 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE