Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 02/14/1992
"...WAYNE'S WORLD is the most totally excellent film of the year..."
Entertainment Weekly - 02/10/1995
"...Myers' parodic, referential sensibility...rules the roost..." -- Rating: B
Chicago Sun-Times - 02/14/1992
"...This one works on its intended level and then sneaks in excursions to some other levels, too....What is funny about WAYNE'S WORLD -- sometimes really funny -- are the dialogue and sight gags..."
In this big screen spin-off of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, two small-town cable TV hosts and lifetime best friends (Mike Myers and Dana Carvey) spend their days and nights chasing babes (schwing!) and refusing to budge from their long-haired, head-banging style. Ably capturing the goofiness and exuberance of youth and love of music, director Penelope Spheeris (THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION PARTS 1 and 2) brings a natural sense of fun and abandon to the film. Features appearances by Rob Lowe, Chris Farley and rockers Meat Loaf and Alice Cooper.
Wayne and Garth, the horny, heavy metal-loving teenage heroes of the popular "Saturday Night Live" skit, hit the big screen. They're still doing their cable-access show out of the Wayne's basement in Aurora, Illinois; only now a sleazy TV executive named Benjamin Oliver wants a piece of the action. As the babe 'n' band obsessed adolescents negotiate the shark-infested waters of network television, Wayne finds 'amore' in the form of a heavy metal femme fatale with a penchant for skin-tight costumes. But can Wayne keep his new lady love out Oliver's unsavory clutches'
Coming Of Age |
- The film cost $14 million and grossed $122 million domestically.
- Shot in Techicolor.
- Soundtrack album available on Reprise compact discs and cassettes.
- Penelope Spheeris directed two feature documentaries about punk rock and heavy metal music, the acclaimed "Decline of Western Civilization" and "The Decline of Western Civilization Part II." Her feature films include "Dudes," "Suburbia," and "The Boys Next Door."
- On October 28, 1993 "Wayne's World" opened in France at 250 theaters. One of the major problems with the translation was finding a French word for NOT! There's no word that easily translates as such. French comedians Alain Chabat and Dominique Farrugia did the translation.
- Apparently some of the 250 French movie theaters were showing the film with titles while others showed a dubbed version.
- Available to buy in the UK.