|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available in a set:
- Notes by Mark Redfield, Sons of the Desert
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Oliver Hardy & Stan Laurel|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Hardy entered movies in 1913, Laurel in 1917. Stan often played sharp-witted types, and Ollie "heavies" or villains (often with comics Billy West or Larry Semon). By the mid-1920's, both were employed at the Roach Studios, still playing different roles, with Laurel also gag-writing and even directing Charley Chase, James Finlayson, Our Gang - and Oliver Hardy!
Producer Hal Roach played "comic roulette," teaming his stars in the hopes of hitting box office gold. The Boys make their first appearance together in Lucky Dog, but it will be another ten years before they truly become a team. This collection showcases the comic genius of two great performers on the road to fame - Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy.
The Paperhanger's Helper (1915) with Oliver Hardy, Bobby Ray: In this early knockabout farce, Hardy, the lazy boss, and Ray his "helper," give the local sanitarium a "pasting" they won't soon forget!
Lucky Dog (1917) with Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy: The Boys first screen appearance together! In this historic comedy, Stan, evicted by his landlady, picks up a stray mutt. After a series of misadventures with a cop, a dog show and high society, the dog saves the day with a stick of dynamite by blowing Ollie up!
The Sawmill (1921) with Larry Semon, Oliver Hardy: In this rustic comedy, innocent rube Larry goes head-to-head with foreman Ollie over the boss's daughter, turning the sawmill into saw dust! Tim-ber!
Hop To It, Bellhop (1922) with Oliver Hardy, Bobby Ray: At the Hotel Bilkmore, "Babe" Hardy and sidekick Ray are bellhops running amok. Nobody sleeps tonight!
Kid Speed (1924) with Larry Semon, Oliver Hardy, Dorothy Dwan: The dust flies in this thrill comedy as "Dangerous" Dan McGraw (Hardy) competes with Larry "The Speed Kid" Semon for the favors of the lovely Dorothy. Speeding beds, bare behinds, and boxing - NASCAR was never like this!
Yes, Yes, Nanette (1926) with James Finlayson, Oliver Hardy: Stan's comedic timing comes through as he directs this domestic comedy, where future Laurel and Hardy nemesis James Finlayson is brought home to meet his girlfriend's parents. Jimmie's toupee flies when Hardy shows up as the rival suitor!
Enough To Do (1926) with Clyde Cook, Oliver Hardy: When ranch hand Hardy wants more than "just beans" for supper, Clyde Cook serves up sunflowers and live skunk, and still has time to woo the boss's daughter. Directed by Stan Laurel. Come and get it!
- 1.Paper Hanger's Daughter
- 2.Lucky Dog
- 3.Saw Mill
- 4.Hop To It
- 5.Kid Speed
- 6.Yes Yes Nanette
- 7.Enough To Do
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 11,197
- UPC: 089218467997
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Comedies Movie Categories:
Big Broadcast of 1938 / College Swing (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
- Bob Hope Louisiana Purchase / Never Say Die (DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
$11.75 Super Savings
Rudy Ray Moore
Live at Wetlands, N.Y.C. (DVD)
$7.16 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE