Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.0 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Is there an Opie convention in town'"
- Steve Dodds (DAVID SPADE), after seeing a car filled with freckled redheads
"He's Roger Clinton, Billy Carter and Ronald Reagan's entire family rolled into one."
- Governor Tracy (CHRISTINE EBERSOLE), referring to Mike Donnelly (CHRIS FARLEY)
Los Angeles Times - 02/02/1996
"...It's a crowd-pleaser directed with maximum energy and panache..."
Chris Farley stars as Mike Donnelly, the doltish younger brother of a gubernatorial candidate (Tim Matheson). Mike can't seem to stay out of trouble, thus potentially endangering his brother's chance at winning the election, so campaign aide Steve Dodds (David Spade) is assigned to chaperone him until the election is over. Not realizing that he is biting off more than he can chew, Steve takes Mike to the wilderness of Washington state, where the two men are ill-equipped to deal with the difficulties that nature throws their way. Penelope Spheeris (WAYNE'S WORLD) directs this slapstick comedy, which reunites the successful team from 1995's TOMMY BOY.
When politicians run for office, their biggest problems are usually a skeleton in the closet, or their controversial stance on an issue. But gubernatorial candidate Al Donnelly's greatest dilemma is his oafish, clumsy, stupid brother Mike, who has an uncanny knack for creating havoc everywhere he goes. And to Al's dismay, his opponent and her staff are also well aware of Mike's "gift," and intend to exploit it for what it's worth. As a result, one of the candidate's aides is assigned to keep Mike in check -- with disastrous results.
Things get even worse when the incumbent's team frames Mike for setting a fire in a recreation center. Will Mike inadvertently destroy his brother's political career'
- Released theatrically in the USA February 2, 1996. The film grossed $32 million domestically.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Printed on Eastman Kodak Film.
- Additional credits: Casey Hotchkiss, Paul Hughen (camera operators); Candida Conery (hairstylist).
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1996 Paramount Pictures.