Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Boy, you're very quick."--Dr. Claire Lewicki (Nicole Kidman)
"You oughta see me drive."
- Cole Trickle (Tom Cruise)
Los Angeles Times - 06/27/1990
"...The movie's excitement comes from its racing footage....Tom Cruise's slowly damning grin remains unassailable..."
Cole Trickle (Tom Cruise) is a young, cocky hotshot with little stock car driving experience and a lot of raw talent. Trickle's uncanny ability to make all the right moves on the racetrack wins him the backing of Tim Dolan (Randy Quaid), who wants to put him in a car. Eventually he wins the support of grizzled former driver Harry Hogge (Robert Duvall), a NASCAR legend who sees that Trickle has the potential to be a great driver. Determined to make it to the top, Trickle develops a healthy rivalry with veteran racer Rowdy Burns (Michael Rooker). Along the way, he romances Dr. Claire Lewicki (Nicole Kidman), a beautiful neurosurgeon. Hogge's mentoring (and a potential tragedy) leads Trickle through the dramatic process of self-discovery, which ultimately makes him a better driver. Directed by Tony Scott, DAYS OF THUNDER is reminiscent of his TOP GUN, the film that rocketed Cruise to stardom. Scott uses spectacular driving and racing scenes in this film, which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Sound.
An ambitious and seemingly fearless young stock car driver strives to be number one on the NASCAR Circuit. When he is brought together with a racing legend, he not only learns about automobiles, but the older man helps him through a dramatic process of self-discovery.
- Theatrical release: June 1990.
- Filmed in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Arizona.
- Tom Cruise, who was married to Mimi Rogers, met Nicole Kidman--his future second wife--on the set of this film. The couple would later appear together again on-screen in Stanley Kubrick's EYES WIDE SHUT, before filing for divorce in 2001.