Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Boy, you're very quick."--Dr. Claire Lewicki (Nicole Kidman)
"You oughta see me drive."
- Cole Trickle (Tom Cruise)
Los Angeles Times - 06/27/1990
"...The movie's excitement comes from its racing footage....Tom Cruise's slowly damning grin remains unassailable..."
An ambitious and seemingly fearless young stock car driver strives to be number one on the NASCAR Circuit. When he is brought together with a racing legend, he not only learns about automobiles, but the older man helps him through a dramatic process of self-discovery.
- Theatrical release: June 1990.
- Filmed in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Arizona.
- Tom Cruise, who was married to Mimi Rogers, met Nicole Kidman--his future second wife--on the set of this film. The couple would later appear together again on-screen in Stanley Kubrick's EYES WIDE SHUT, before filing for divorce in 2001.