Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 09/18/1987
"...An ingeniously teasing style....Sure to spark a lot of cocktail party chatter..."
Variety - 09/16/1987
"...The screws are tightened expertly in this suspenseful meller....Glenn Close throws herself into the physical abandon of the early reels with surprising relish, and becomes genuinely frightening..."
Los Angeles Times - 09/18/1987
"...Glenn Close is infernally brilliant....Lyne's direction here is the tightest and most effective of his career..."
Premiere - 06/08/2009
3 stars out of 4 -- "[An] iconic 80s movie....Close gives a career performance..."
A happily married New York City lawyer engages in a one-night stand while his wife and child are visiting his in-laws. When he tries to end the affair, she refuses, and initial harassment (phone calls in the middle of the night) escalates until she has terrorized the entire family. Soon the lawyer realizes it's either him or her... and he sets the stage for a final showdown.
Classic Fight Scenes |
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Color by Technicolor. Shot in New York City and Westchester, New York in Panavision.
- Approximate budget $14 million.
- Began shooting September 29, 1986; completed October 1986. Released theatrically in USA September 18, 1987.
- Title design by Dan Curry; title and opticals done by the Cinema Research Corporation.
- The film is based on writer James Dearden's screenplay for "Diversion," a 45-minute film he made in 1979.
- Glenn Close is a former member of Up With People.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.