Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 04/07/1993
"...[The style] is powerfully seductive, and part of the gamesmanship of INDECENT PROPOSAL is built into its glossy directorial tricks..."
Variety - 04/12/1993
"...A provocative premise, megawatt star power and high-gloss production values....[Moore's performance] is lively, heartfelt and believable..."
Entertainment Weekly - 04/16/1993
"...Swank....INDECENT PROPOSAL creates a chic tableau of naughtiness..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 04/07/1993
"...Redford is, first of all, a splendid salesman....INDECENT PROPOSAL is in a very old tradition, in which love is put to the test of need and desire and triumphs in the end..."
Longtime sweethearts David (Woody Harrelson), an architect, and Diana (Demi Moore), a real estate agent, find themselves on hard times when financial troubles bring them to the verge of losing their house, which David designed. Taking their last $5,000, they go to Vegas in hopes of multiplying their money. Luck fails them, but they are faced with a major moral dilemma when billionaire John Gage (Robert Redford) spots Diana in the casino and offers her $1,000,000 to spend the night with him. What ensues causes them to question their relationship more than anything they've ever encountered. Based on the novel by Jack Engelhard.
A lonely billionaire businessman offers a struggling architect $1 million to spend one night with his beautiful wife, which brings about serious repercussions in the life of all three.
Based On A Novel |
Love Story |
Love Triangle |
- Released theatrically in USA April 7, 1993.
- Filmed in Las Vegas, Nevada and California; color by DeLuxe.
- Special appearances by Sheena Easton and Herbie Hancock in the party scene.
- Additional credits: Dennis Liddiard (makeup for Robert Redford), Richard Dean (makeup for Demi Moore), Bunny Parker Adamson (hairstylist for Robert Redford), and Lyndell Quiyou (hairstylist for Demi Moore).
- Music recorded at Sony Picture Studios; Music Scoring Mixer Shawn Murphy; 24 Frame Video Display by Video Image; Main title composite and opticals by Cinema Research Corporation and R/Greenberg Associates West, Inc. produced and designed the main and end titles. Selected wardrobe by Cerruti 1881 Paris.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Available to buy in the UK.