- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 1938
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fisherman Joaquin Shannon sees his picturesque life torn apart following the murder of his fiance's brother. Though innocent of the crime, Shannon confesses to attacking Joe Fenderson in order to protect the friend whom he assumes was responsible. Facing one to ten years for manslaughter, Joaquin resolves to stay out of trouble while in prison, and be free in just a year to marry Jean Fenderson and resume his life. His plan quickly unravels when he runs afoul of Red Kincaid, a dangerous inmate who has it in for him. One year quickly becomes five, and once released, Shannon begins to realize that life on parole is not much easier than life in prison.
An innocent man convicted of murder breaks out of prison to track down the killer.
- Film debut for actor Edmond O'Brien.
- Additional cast: Edward Pawley (Joe Fenderson).