The Terror of Tiny Town
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Midgets vs. Mascots ~ $8.98
- Midgets vs. Mascots (Unrated) ~ $4.98 (Save 50%)
- Terror of Tiny Town - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Under the Rainbow (Widescreen) ~ $13.28 (Save 34%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 1938
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Featured:||John Bambury, Yvonne Moray & Little Billy|
|Directed by||Sam Newfield|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Terror of Tiny Town was produced by Jed Buell after the success of his 1937 novelty/exploitation picture, Harlem on the Range, the first all-black western.The Terror of Tiny Town was helmed by the legendary director Sam Newfield (1899-1964), whose prolific output of over 270 movies included several dozen silent features as well as B movie sound-era classics like Ghost Patrol (1936), The Monster Maker (1944), I Accuse my Parents (1944), Apology for Murder (1945), and TV's "Ramar of the Jungle" (1952). Newfield, born Samuel Neufeld in New York, often adopted the alias Peter Stewart and Sherman Scott to make his seemingly endless productivity as director seem more plausible.
Perhaps Sam Newfield's most popular movie, The Terror of Tiny Town is a genuine, one-of-a-kind cult film, routinely cited as one of the strangest movies ever made. A sequel little person western, Hang 'Em Not So High, was announced but sadly abandoned before it was put before the cameras.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 42 ratings.
Yep, it's a straight Western film, but with one of the most bizarre twists ever attempted in movie history. The entire cast, horses included are "little" as in "little people", the "horizontally aspiring", or to put it as bluntly as the write-up for this movie states, it has an "all midget cast".
The movie is played pretty straight forward as if nothing is amiss, the sets are normal Hollywood backlot Western scenes so there are potentially humorous scenes of the midget cast working in a large set.
Not a great story, but c'mon, you aren't watching this for story but, let's be blunt, it's the freak factor.
I've never seen anything else like it. Definitely worth a watch.
With the exception of "Plan Nine From Outer Space", this is the greatest movie ever. Bar none.
White hatted, singing, guitar strumming hero, black hatted villian complete with black shetland pony. This is what Roy Rogers, Hop-a-long and all the other guys wished they were. It's clean, it's fun, and the pint size dance hall floozey is so evil you want to turn her over your knee and spank her. The heroine in this film blows Dale Evans out of the water. One of my favorite movies and when the grandkids come over it is one they ask for. EVERYONE needs to see this great film at least once.
- Sales Rank: 2,553
- UPC: 089218466891
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the World (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE