The Fighting Phantom (aka Mysterious Rider)
A crooked land dealer is confronted by the heroic masked "Mystery Rider."
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- The Fighting Phantom (aka Mysterious Rider) - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 58 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 1933
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kent Taylor, Gail Patrick, Lona Andre & Irving Pichel|
|Directed by||Fred Allen & Irving Pichel|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Based on a short story by cowboy author Zane Grey and set in the shadow of Boulder Dam, The Fighting Phantom tells a tale of Arizona Valley ranchers driven from their land by greedy and ruthless landsharks - a classic clash between the pioneering West and the powerful East. When the poor landowners realize they have lost everything - their homes and their savings, a likeable young rancher, Wade Benton (Kent Taylor) offers to help them, only to be framed and imprisoned by the same unscrupulous moguls. Just as these families are forced to ride away in a long, sad caravan, a mysterious rider appears, gathering evidence that may soon prove who really holds title to the land.
It's the East versus the West in this tale of Arizona Valley ranchers forced to fight for their land with all they've got. This doesn't prove to be enough as the men in suits win with their money and business-minded ruthlessness. After losing everything they've ever valued, the poor family may just have a second chance if they're willing to bet on the puzzling kindness of a shadowy stranger. Based on a story by Zane Grey, this western stars Kent Taylor and Irving Pichel.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Phantom indeed Movie Lover: Michael Curtis from AUSTIN, TX US -- August, 31, 2011
First the tranfer is 3 stars as well for this very entertaining 1933 movie. This depression era film hits on property theft, shyster lawyers, and the taking advantage of those without a whole lot of advantages.
- Sales Rank: 9,110
- UPC: 089218465597
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the World (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE