- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Theatrical Trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Dan Aykroyd &
Joey Lauren Adams,
Lisa Jane Persky,
Peter Aykroyd &
Variety - 08/02/1993
"...Sweet, funny, anarchic pastiche....The supporting cast is nicely laced with dozens of present and past SNL regulars..."
Hounded by the immigration authorities, the Coneheads continue to pursue the American dream, raising their teenaged daughter "Connie" in their suburban home and on weekends barbecuing mass quantities of animal protein in the back yard. Inspired by the early "Saturday Night Live" skit. The supporting cast includes a veritable "who's-who" of TV comedy, from comics-turned-sitcom stars Drew Carey and Ellen DeGeneres to "Seinfeld" stars Jason Alexander and Michael Richards and "SNL" cast members Jan Hooks, Julia Sweeney, and Tim Meadows.
The movie is based on a series of comedy sketches which originally aired on "Saturday Night Live" during the 1976-1977 season. The basic premise of the plot revolves around the Conehead family, newly landed on Earth from the planet Remulak, who find themselves trying to dodge two Immigration and Naturalization officers.
Family Interaction |
- Released in USA July 23, 1993.
- The film gives the principal cast members of "SNL," both old and new, a chance to work together for the very first time.
- The director, Steve Barron, had previously directed the independent feature "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" which ending up grossing over $300 million worldwide. He has also directed several music videos featuring top recording artists such as David Bowie, Madonna and the Michael Jackson's videos "Thriller" and "Billie Jean."
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.