The Bat Whispers
|You Save:||$3 (10% Off)|
- Includes both 65mm & 35mm Versions of the Film
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 30, 1999
- Originally Released: 1930
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: This program features a film transfer by the UCLA Film and Television archive.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Chester Morris, Una Merkel & Gustav Von Seyffertitz|
|Performer:||Maude Eburne, William Bakewell & Gustav Von Seyffertitz|
|Directed by||Roland West|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Based on a play by Mary Roberts Rinehart and Avery Hopwood, The Bat Whispers is a sound remake of West's earlier silent film The Bat. It was also shot in two different film formats: regular 35mm and an experimental widescreen version using 65mm film. Both versions - the flat and the widescreen - are presented here in a special double feature, in their original aspect ratios.
Description by Image Entertainment:
- Director Roland West filmed a silent version of "The Bat" in 1926. It was remade again in 1959 by writer-director Crane Wilbur with Vincent Price and Agnes Moorehead in the leads. Both of these version were called, simply, "The Bat."
- "The Bat Whispers" was United Artists' first widescreen film.
- Roger H. Heman, Charles H. Smith, Ned Herbert Mann, and Helen Hallett served as production assistants.
- Additional cast: Hugh Huntley (Richard Fleming), Charles Dow Clark (Detective Jones), Ben Bard (The Unknown), Chance Ward (Police Lieutenant), Richard Tucker (Mr. Bell), Sidney D'Albrook (Police Sergeant), S. E. Jennings (Man in Black Mask), Grayce Hampton (Cornelia Van Gorder), and Maude Eburn (Lizzie Allen).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.