- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Dana Carvey &
Michael A. Nickles,
Frank Di Leo,
Charlton Heston &
Director of Photography:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"If you book them they will come"
- Jim Morrison (Michael Nickles) to Wayne (Mike Myers).
New York Times - 12/10/1993
"...A very good-humored sequel..."
Entertainment Weekly - 01/21/1994
"...NAKED GUN-style spoofery....Trashy, inspired goofs..."
Variety - 12/20/1993
"...WAYNE'S WORLD 2 has an amazingly good nature. There's genuine affection accorded the characters and situations..."
Entertainment Weekly - 12/17/1993
"...[It] reaches a higher, more original lunacy..."
Wayne Campbell (Mike Myers) and Garth Algar (Dana Carvey) return in this sequel to the 1992 pop-culture time capsule WAYNE'S WORLD. The boys still have their Aurora, Illinois cable access show, Wayne is still dating Cassandra (Tia Carrere) and Garth has even found love in the form of Honee Hornee (Kim Basinger). After sleazy record producer Bobby Cahn (Christopher Walken) attempts to lure the foxy Cassandra away from Wayne, a stress-induced dream transports Wayne to a meeting in the desert with late Doors vocalist Jim Morrison, where the deceased rock hero convinces Wayne to organize a huge outdoor rock festival in Aurora called "Waynestock." Never one to ignore the commands of a dead rock god, Wayne enlists Garths to help him plan the concert.
Continuing with the same goofy slang and surprising guest appearances that made its predecessor such a mammoth success, director Stephen Surjik picks up the baton and delivers a sequel that is bound to please those who found WAYNE'S WORLD so endearingly hilarious.
They're back! Those they're-so-goofy-you-have-to-love-'em cable television stars of America's most wanted pop rock-talk show: Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar!
Wayne and Garth are finished with high school. But Wayne's struggling to find his place in the real world of full-fledged adults. In a way-cool dream, Wayne's escorted by a Native American to a meet the late, great Jim Morrison, who advises the troubled teen to put on an outdoor concert: "If you book them, they will come." So Wayne heeds the word and stages his very own Waynestock. If he can pull off the concert while protecting Cassandra, his super-babe-of-a-girlfriend, from evil record producer Bobby Cahn, he can prove, once and for all... he's worthy!
Love Story |
Rock And Roll |
- The film cost $25 million and grossed $48 million domestically.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.
- The rock group Aerosmith (Steve Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Thomas Hamilton and Joseph Kramer) appear in the film.
- The film was shot on-location in Los Angeles and San Diego, California; the California-Arizona border; and second unit filming in Chicago and Aurora, Illinois and London, England.
- The "Waynestock" scenes were filmed on the day of the 24th anniversary of Woodstock -- which took place on August 17th, 1969.