- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 26, 2004
- Label: Concord Records
Stereo Review (1/91) - Performance "Classy" / Sound "Excellent" - "...McCorkle's intimate, authoritative style puts her on a level that is out of reach for most singers; she is in a class by herself...she gets better with each release."
- 1.Tristeza (Sadness, Please Go Away)
- 2.Estate (Summer)
- 3.Vivo Sonhando (Living on Dreams)
- 4.Dilema (Dilemma)
- 5.Sabia (Songbird)
- 6.So Many Stars
- 7.So Dan?o Samba (I Only Dance the Samba)
- 8.Manha de Carnaval (Sunrise)
- 9.P'r Machucar Meu Cora?ao (The Day We Said Goodbye) - (bonus track)
- 10.Travessia (Bridges) - (bonus track)
- 11.Felicidade, A (Happiness) - (bonus track)
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle, Lee Musiker, Scott Hamilton, Emily Remler, Dennis Irwin, Duduka Fonseca, Cafe.
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals); Emily Remler (guitar); Scott Hamilton (tenor saxophone); Lee Musiker (piano); Duduka Da Fonseca (drums); Caf? (percussion).
Audio Remixer: Phil Edwards .
Liner Note Author: Leonard Feather.
Recording information: Penny Lane Studios, New York, NY (02/1990).
Director: Lee Musiker.
Photographer: Dave Fischer.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Dennis Irwin; Duduka Da Fonseca; Emily Remler; Scott Hamilton; Caf? ; Lee Musiker.
Arranger: Lee Musiker.
Susannah McCorkle spoke Italian, Spanish, German, and Portuguese in addition to English; she had worked as an interpreter before she devoted herself to singing. On her second Concord CD, McCorkle sang ten Brazilian songs plus "Estate," switching between English, Portuguese, and Italian. There is no communication problem as far as conveying her feelings and the high quality of the melodies, so this is a more accessible release than one might think. The vocalist's backup group includes pianist Lee Musiker, Scott Hamilton on tenor, and guitarist Emily Remler. ~ Scott Yanow