Susannah McCorkle Most Requested Songs
Only 9 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 15, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Concord Records
Entertainment Weekly - 8/17/01, pp.68-9"...[Her] voice was a smooth, agreeable instrument...MOST REQUESTED is rife with unnervingmoments..." - Rating: B+
- $0.99 on iTunes1.The Waters of March
- $0.99 on iTunes2.They Can't Take That Away from Me
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Quality Time
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Manha de Carnaval
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Look for the Silver Lining
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I Thought About You
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The People That You Never Get to Love
- $0.99 on iTunes8.If I Only Had a Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes9.P'r Machucar Meu Cora‡ao (The Day We Said Goodbye) :: The Day We Said Goodbye
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Easy to Love
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Thanks for the Memory
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home
- $0.99 on iTunes13.'S Wonderful
- $0.99 on iTunes14.For All We Know
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
MOST REQUESTED SONGS contains select performances personally chosen by Susannah McCorkle just before her death in 2001.
Compilation producers: Nick Phillips, Susannah McCorkle.
Recorded between 1977 and 2000. Includes liner notes by Susannah McCorkle.
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals).
There's something incredibly tragic and ironic in the strange reality that finds a beloved jazz singer taking her own life just after compiling a collection of her best loved interpretations. So loved by so many, but perhaps -- as she wrote in her liner notes for her wistful reading of "If I Only Had a Heart" -- she was one of those people who "have trouble experiencing their own emotions and yearn to feel something, anything." Also in this spirited mix of classics is "Look For the Silver Lining," and her version is, of course, cheery. But morbid ironies aside, this disc shows her amazing diversity as her crystal, smoky voice tackled Brazilian ("The Waters of March" and "Manha De Carnaval," sung completely in Portuguese), musical comedy (Dave Frishberg's "Quality Time") and traditional jazz ("I Thought About You"). These songs were selected from her prolific output of some two hundred recorded performances, spotlighting 14 songs best loved by her fans around the world. Now, of course, it's a parting gift, made all the more poignant by McCorkle's written reflections on the album sleeve. Her personal tragedy will certainly draw in listeners who might not otherwise have known about her, but as her longtime fans knew, for her, it was all about communicating the song to her appreciative audience. ~ Jonathan Widran
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$2.98 on SALE
At Home With The Barry Sisters / Side By Side (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
99¢ on SALE