Susannah McCorkle Hearts And Minds
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Susannah McCorkle ~ From Bessie to Brazil ~ $10.56
- by Susannah McCorkle ~ From Broadway to BeBop ~ $17.08
- by Susannah McCorkle ~ Someone to Watch Over Me: The Songs of George Gershwin ~ $10.56
- by Susannah McCorkle ~ The Songs of Johnny Mercer ~ $10.56
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: September 18, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.I Can Dream, Can't I?
- 2.Love Is Here To Stay
- 3.Love Look Away
- 4.My Attorney Bernie
- 5.For All We Know
- 6.It Could Happen To You
- 7.Haunted Heart
- 8.What Did I Forget?
- 10.Computer Age, The (In Motion)
- 12.Feet Do Your Stuff
- 13.Do You Miss New York?
- 15.I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals); Allen Farnham (arranger, piano); Dick Oatts (tenor saxophone); Paul Meyers (acoustic & electric guitars); Steve Gilmore, Dennis Irwin (bass); Tim Horner, Vanderlei Pereira (drums); Thiago DeMello (percussion).
Recorded at Sound On Sound Studios, New York, New York from March 28-30, 2000. Includes liner notes by James Gavin.
Susannah McCorkle's 16th release available through Concord begins with "I Can Dream, Can't I" and ends with "I Don't Want ro Set the World on Fire," two highly desirous songs that may reflect the intentions of the dynamic vocalist, but needless to say after 15 successful releases cannot begin to measure the tremendous impact she has had as one of the most expressive singers on the jazz scene since the mid-'70s. McCorkle utilizes two rhythm sections, her longtime musical director/arranger/pianist Allen Farnham, guitarist Paul Meyers, and tenor saxophonist Dick Oatts on straight-ahead, Brazilian-influenced and swing compositions. They span nearly 70 years say a lot about human nature and what people feel and think about. She handles humor on three Dave Frishberg songs, tackles a funny song about depression on "Down," sings of fleeting romance and contemporary relationships on "For All We Know," and "Haunted Heart" and the Ivan Lins song "Evolution." Susannah McCorkle has the remarkable capability to bring rarely heard songs back to life through updated interpretations and 21st century appeal. ~ Paula Edelstein
Someone to Watch Over Me: The Songs of George Gershwin (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Let's Face The Music: The Songs of Irving Berlin (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE