Jeannie & Jimmy Cheatham
The Concord Jazz Heritage Series
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$4.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.79 (65% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Jeannie & Jimmy Cheatham ~ Sweet Baby Blues ~ $10.56
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: September 14, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.Meet Me With Your Black Drawers On
- 2.Big Fat Daddy
- 3.Show Long Blues
- 4.C.C. Rider
- 5.Take The Wrinkles Out Of Your Birthday Suit
- 6.Messin' 'Round With The Boogie
- 7.Blues Like Jay McShann
- 8.What Do We Do For Fun?
- 9.Mr. C.P.
- 10.Coal Yard And Ice House Blues
- 11.Gud Nuz Bluz
& The Sweet Baby Blues Band.
Personnel includes: Jeannie Cheatham (vocals, piano); Jimmy Cheatham (bass trombone).
This is part of Concord Jazz's Concord Jazz Heritage Series.
Personnel: Jeannie Cheatham (vocals, piano); Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown (guitar); Frank Wess (flute); Jimmie Noone (clarinet); Herman Riley (soprano saxophone); Curtis Peagler (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Louis Taylor, Jr. , Hank Crawford (alto saxophone); Dinky Morris (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis , Plas Johnson , Rickey Woodard (tenor saxophone); Clora Bryant, Snooky Young (trumpet); Jimmy Cheatham (bass trombone); John Harris (drums).
Audio Mixer: Phil Edwards .
Recording information: Grover Helsley Scoring, Hollywood, CA (09/1984-09/1995); Ocean Way Recording, Hollywood, CA (09/1984-09/1995); Sage & Sound Recording, Hollywood, CA (09/1984-09/1995).
The Cheathams have long been one of the leaders in a genre that they practically occupy by themselves, that of a Kansas City-style blues/swing band. Pianist Jeannie Cheatham has plenty of vocals and much of the music is blues-oriented but there is always plenty of riffing and heated solos from the notable horn players. The Cheathams have recorded exclusively for Concord, and this 1998 sampler has music from seven of their releases, programmed in chronological order (one of the few in this extensive series). With solos from such players as Curtis Peagler (on tenor and alto), trumpeter Snooky Young, clarinetist Jimmie Noone Jr., Rickey Woodard on tenor, and such guests as tenorman Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, guitarist Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, flutist Frank Wess, altoist Hank Crawford and Plas Johnson on tenor, this is an excellent overview of the accessible and enjoyable band. Highlights of their fine introductory set include "Big Fat Daddy," "C.C. Rider," "Blues Like Jay McShann," "Gud Nuz Bluz" and the band's hit "Meet Me With Your Black Drawers On." ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 56,024
- UPC: 013431483724
- Shipping Weight: 0.23/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Grand River Crossings: Motown & Motor City Inspirations (CD)
$15.08 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Swinging at His Best (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Louis Armstrong The Early Years, Recorded Live 1938-1949 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE