- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 1, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.Like A Lover
- 4.Until The Real Thing Comes Along
- 6.I Can't Stop Loving You
- 7.You Make Me Feel So Young
- 8.Oh, Look At Me Now
- 9.Just One More Chance
- 10.Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams (And Dream Your Troubles Away)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Gene Harris Quartet: Gene Harris (piano); Ron Eschete (guitar); Luther Hughes (bass); Harold Jones (drums).
Recorded at Master Track, Hayward, California on January 17, 1992. Includes liner notes by Leonard Feather.
Personnel: Gene Harris (piano); Ron Eschete (guitar); Harold Jones (drums).
Liner Note Author: Leonard Feather.
Recording information: Master Track Studios, Hayward, CA (01/17/1992).
Photographer: Dave Fischer.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Luther Hughes; Ron Eschete; Harold Jones .
Pianist Gene Harris' 1992 quartet (with guitarist Ron Eschete, bassist Luther Hughes, and drummer Harold Jones) explores ten wide-ranging selections on this CD. But despite the very different chord changes, they are able to infuse the music with so much soul that the results are consistently bluesy. Among the tunes that Harris and his group explore are Horace Silver's "Strollin'," "Until the Real Thing Comes Along," "Jeannine," "You Make Me Feel So Young," and "Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams." An excellent effort. ~ Scott Yanow